13 January 2011
Agenda, reports and minutes for the Standards Committee meeting to take place on 13 January 2011.
Contact Officer: Trish Corns
Telephone No: 01626 215112
5 January 2011
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on THURSDAY 13 JANUARY 2011 in the Council Chamber, Forde House Offices, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot at 9.45 a.m.
Service Lead - Legal and Democratic Services
The Members of the Standards Committee as named below:
Mr Phillips (ID) (Chairman) Cllr Hocking (DC)
Mrs Robinson (ID) (Vice Chairman) Cllr Purser (DC)
Mr Hampson (ID) Cllr Watts (TALC)
Cllr Swain (TALC)
ID - Independent Appointee
TALC -Teignbridge Association of Local Councils Appointee
DC - District Council Appointee
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for Members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please contact Trish Corns by 12 noon on Tuesday 11 January 2011 at the very latest.
• If you need this agenda in another language, print size or colour, Braille, BSL, as an e-mail attachment, MP3 File or disk, please telephone 01626 215818 or e-mail email@example.com
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website http://www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reports in Parts I of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 16 November 2010.
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Forward Plan.
Item 6 - Forward Plan [13kb]
7. Corporate complaints and compliments - 1 April to 30 September 2010
Item 7 - Complements Complaints [41kb]
8. Future of Standards for England
Item 8 - Future of Standards [30kb]
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
9. The Committee is recommended to approve the following resolution:
"That under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the Press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 1, 2, and 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act."
10. Case reference TDC/08/010310.
Next Standards Committee Meetings
Thursday 3 March 2011
Wednesday 20 April 2011