14 March 2011
Agenda and reports for the Development Control Committee meeting to be held on Monday, 14 March 2011
Contact Officer: Trish Corns - Ext 5112
Telephone No: 01626 361101
4 March 2011
DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on MONDAY 14 MARCH 2011 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 9.45 a.m.
Service Lead - Legal and Democratic Services
The Members of the Development Control Committee as named below:
Clemens (Vice Chairman)
Austen, Bromell, Bunday, Christophers, Clarance, Colclough, Connett, Cook, Corney-Walker, Haines, Holmes, Klinkenberg, Lambert, Lewis, Lonsdale, Morgan, Mugford, Nutley, Parker, Prowse, Russell, Walters and Williams
Barker (Cons), Smith (Cons), Price (Cons)
Leeper (LD), Cox (LD), Dewhirst (LD)
Frost (Ind), Purser (Ind)
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact Trish Corns by 12 Noon on Thursday 10 March 2011 at the very latest.
• If you need this agenda in another language, print size or colour, Braille, BSL, as an e-mail attachment, MP3 File or disk, please telephone 01626 215818 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website http://www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail email@example.com
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 14 February 2011. (Previously circulated).
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Public Participation - The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
Note: A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting and is also available on the Council's website at:
Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form.
7. Site Inspections
To consider the report of the Site Inspection Team meeting held on 28 February 2011.
Item 7 site inspections [34kb]
• NEWTON ABBOT 10/03744/FUL Torquay Road- change of use from dwelling (use Class 3) to mixed use for dwelling and registered childminder.
• CHUDLEIGH 10/03675/MAJ - land at NGR 286407 79146 Parade: Erection of 48 dwellings with associated parking, landscaping and infrastructure.
• DAWLISH 10/02648/MAJ and 10/02649/MAJ - Lady's Mile Holiday Park, Dawlish Road: Use of land for siting of touring caravans and tents and for recreation purposes and the construction of an internal access road.
For Information: Site Inspections 21 March 2011
The next inspections will be carried out by Team 2: Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Austen, Cook, Connett, Holmes, Parker, and Mugford.
8. Planning Applications for Consideration.
When determining planning applications, Members are reminded that if regard is to be had to the development plan the determination must be made in accordance with the plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise. Each report will give details on the relevant development plan policies and material considerations.
Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be reported verbally at the Committee Meeting. However Members are reminded that representations are placed on the Public Access area of the Council's Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting.
List A: Applications submitted by or on behalf of Members or Officers of Teignbridge District Council and Deemed Applications by Teignbridge District Council and Devon County Council.
• NEWTON ABBOT 11/00483/FUL Bradley Mills, Bradley Lane - Erection of a galvanised 2.4 metres high palisade fence.
Item 8 B1.11.00483 [16kb]
• DAWLISH 10/03649/FUL Arc En Ciel, Vicarage Road, Cockwood -Extension to existing garage to form double garage.
• HEATHFIELD 10/03444/MAJ Ilford Park - Outline erection of a trunk road service area, a three storey 80 bedroomed budget hotel and a single storey restaurant/public house with associated car parking and proposed new access requiring diversion of the A382.
Item 8 B2.10.03444 [43kb]
• CHUDLEIGH 11/00131/COU The Stables, Marsh Lane - Change of use of land to a gypsy/traveller site including the siting of 5 permanent pitches, 10 transit pitches, storage of a maximum of 10 touring units and the erection of a single storey utility building.
Item 8 B2.11.00131 [40kb]
• BROADHEMPSTON 10/03828/OUT Land opposite the Old Mill - Erection of dwellings (all matters reserved).
Item 8 B2.10.03828 [33kb]
• TEDBURN ST MARY 10/03837/FUL The Old Stable Cottage -Detached dwelling.
Item 8 B2.10.03837 [24kb]
• TEIGNMOUTH 11/00077/FUL Westbrook House, Westbrook Avenue - Four attached dwellings (extension to time for implementation of planning permission 08/01023/FUL).
Item 8 B2.11.00077 [31kb]
• DAWLISH 10/03800/FUL 31 Elm Grove - Single storey extension.
Item 8 B2.10.03800 [19kb]
9. Appeal Decisions - to note appeal decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate on appeals against refusal of planning permission.
Item 9 LISTAPPS.14.03.11 [13kb]
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Dates of future Development Control Committee Meetings:
Monday 14 March 2011
Monday 11 April 2011
Monday 16 May 2011
Dates of future site inspections:
• Team 1 - (June 2011)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Clarance, Colclough, Morgan, Russell, Corney-Walker and Lonsdale.
• Team 2 - (July 2010)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Austen, Cook, Connett, Holmes, Parker, and Mugford.
• Team 3 - (18 April, 2011)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Bromell, Lambert, Lewis, Christophers, Prowse, and Nutley.
• Team 4 - (23 May 2011)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Bunday, Colclough, Klinkenberg, Haines, Walters and Williams.
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
(Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985)
List of Background Papers relating to the various items of reports as set out in Part I of the Agenda
As relevant or appropriate:
1. Applications Forms and Plans.
2. Correspondence/Consultation with and from interested parties.
3. Correspondence/Consultation with and interested bodies.
4. Structure Plan Documents.
5. Local Plan Documents.
6. Local/Topic Reports.
7. Central Government Legislation.