The Rural Aid funding is intended to add value and enhance community life by supporting projects which address two or more of the following:
- Improving access to services
- Development and refurbishment of local community facilities and amenities
- Addressing rural sustainability issues
- Improving the health and well being of the local community
- Meeting the needs of minority and vulnerable groups
- Strong local community support and involvement
- Clear evidence of local need
Parish and Town Councils within the Rural Aid area can each submit one funding application per annual funding round (with individual submissions requesting no more than £5,000 in Rural Aid support).
Applications for Rural Aid funding for the financial year 2014-15 are now OPEN, you have until 4pm on Friday 16th May 2014 to make an application.
Applications can relate to any form of expenditure as long as:
- It does not relate to the purchase of any moveable item (e.g. vehicles, computer equipment etc)
- It does not infer any continued or ongoing revenue costs (e.g. salaries, rental costs etc)
- It does not fund a particular activity which is the statutory function or responsibility of a public body (e.g. park/ play area maintenance etc)
- It does not fund projects that do not give public access, for example projects on School property or in religious buildings.
- It does not fund projects that have links to any political party.
The Rural Aid Committee AGM will be held on Wednesday 23rd April 2014 at 7pm in the King Charles room Old Ford House Newton Abbot TQ12 4XX
Parishes eligible for Rural Aid Grants:
Abbotskerswell, Ashcombe,Ashton,Bickington,Bishopsteignton,Bovey Tracey,Bridford, Broadhempston, Buckland-in-the-Moor,Christow,Chudleigh,Coffinswell,Doddiscombsleigh,Dunchideock,Dunsford, Exminster,Haccombe,Hennock,Holcombe Burnell,Ide,Ideford,Ilsington,Ipplepen,Kenn,Kenton,Lustleigh,Mamhead, Manaton,Moretonhampstead,North Bovey, Ogwell,Powderham,Shaldon,Shillingford St George,Starcross,Stokeinteignhead,Tedburn St Mary,Teigngrace,Trusham,Whitestone,Widecombe-in-the-Moor,Woodland.
For further information please contact Gary Powell Community Projects Officer, on 01626-215895, email email@example.com