The Rural Aid funding is intended to add value and enhance community life by supporting projects which address two or more of the following:
- Improving access to services
- Development and refurbishment of local community facilities and amenities
- Addressing rural sustainability issues
- Improving the health and well being of the local community
- Meeting the needs of minority and vulnerable groups
- Strong local community support and involvement
- Clear evidence of local need
Parish and Town Councils within the Rural Aid area can each submit one funding application per annual funding round (with individual submissions requesting no more than £5,000 in Rural Aid support).
NOTICE OF CHANGE
The Rural Aid fund has been reduced by £15k following a meeting of the Executive on 9th December 2014 (See Report in downloads section).
The consequence of this decision is Town and Parishes directly in Dartmoor National Park are no longer eligible for Rural Aid, and will have to apply to the Dartmoor Community Fund Dartmoor Communities Fund
Applications for Rural Aid funding for the financial year 2015-16 are now OPEN you have until 4pm Friday 5th June 2015 to make an application .
The AGM will be held on Wednesday 20th May 2015 and the Decisions meeting will take place on Wednesday 8th July 2015 , both will be held at Ford House Newton Abbot in committee room 2 , starting at 7pm.
Applications can relate to any form of expenditure as long as:
- It does not relate to the purchase of any moveable item (e.g. vehicles, computer equipment etc)
- It does not infer any continued or ongoing revenue costs (e.g. salaries, rental costs etc)
- It does not fund a particular activity which is the statutory function or responsibility of a public body (e.g. park/ play area maintenance etc)
- It does not fund projects that do not give public access, for example projects on School property or in religious buildings.
- It does not fund projects that have links to any political party.
Parishes eligible for Rural Aid Grants:
Abbotskerswell, Ashcombe,Ashton,Bickington,Bishopsteignton,Bovey Tracey, Broadhempston, Chudleigh,Coffinswell,Doddiscombsleigh,Dunchideock,Dunsford, Exminster, Haccombe, Hennock, Holcombe Burnnell,Ide,Ideford,Ilsington,Ipplepen,Kenn,Kenton,Mamhead, Ogwell,Powderham,Shaldon,Shillingford St George,Starcross,Stokeinteignhead,Tedburn St Mary,Teigngrace,Trusham,Whitestone,Woodland.
For further information please contact Gary Powell Community Projects Officer, on 01626-215895, email email@example.com