The Rural Aid funding is intended to add value and enhance community life by supporting projects which address two or more of the following:
- Improving access to services
- Development and refurbishment of local community facilities and amenities
- Addressing rural sustainability issues
- Improving the health and well being of the local community
- Meeting the needs of minority and vulnerable groups
- Strong local community support and involvement
- Clear evidence of local need
Parish and Town Councils within the Rural Aid area can each submit one funding application per annual funding round (with individual submissions requesting no more than £5,000 in Rural Aid support).
Applications for Rural Aid funding for the financial year 2013-14 are now OPEN
Eligible Town & Parish Councils (list below) have until 12 noon Friday 7th June 2013 to submit an application for a Rural Aid Grant. All applications must have three separate quotations for project expenditure and planning permission (if relevant).
The application period has been especially extended to allow well considered projects.
The Rural Aid AGM will be on Wednesday 24th April. Please contact email@example.com phone 01626 215895 if you would like to attend.
Applications can relate to any form of expenditure as long as:
- It does not relate to the purchase of any moveable item (e.g. vehicles, computer equipment etc)
- It does not infer any continued or ongoing revenue costs (e.g. salaries, rental costs etc)
- It does not fund a particular activity which is the statutory function or responsibility of a public body (e.g. park/ play area maintenance etc)
Parishes eligible for Rural Aid Grants:
Abbotskerswell, Ashcombe,Ashton,Bickington,Bishopsteignton,Bovey Tracey,Bridford, Broadhempston, Buckland-in-the-Moor,Christow,Chudleigh,Coffinswell,Doddiscombsleigh,Dunchideock,Dunsford, Exminster,Haccombe,Hennock,Holcombe Burnell,Ide,Ideford,Ilsington,Ipplepen,Kenn,Kenton,Lustleigh,Mamhead, Manaton,Moretonhampstead,North Bovey, Ogwell,Powderham,Shaldon,Shillingford St George,Starcross,Stokeinteignhead,Tedburn St Mary,Teigngrace,Trusham,Whitestone,Widecombe-in-the-Moor,Woodland.
For further information please contact Gary Powell Community Projects Officer, on 01626-215895, email firstname.lastname@example.org