Walk This Way - Free Walks Around Teignbridge
Join us and walk your way to better health!
Click on links below find details on -
- View our Timetables
- Reasons to start Walking
- What is Walk This Way?
- How do I join?
- Length and Suitability of Walks
- Becoming a voluntary Walk Leader
- Latest News & Feedback
View our Timetables:
- Chudleigh - Monday & Wednesday [180kb]
- Dawlish - Monday & Wednesday [182kb]
- Ipplepen - Tuesday (Jun to Oct) [204kb]
- Kingskerswell & Newton Abbot - Tuesday (May to Aug) [185kb]
- Kingskerswell - Wednesday (July to Sept) [84kb]
- Kingsteignton - Monday & Wednesday [181kb]
- Moretonhampstead - Tuesday [389kb]
- Newton Abbot - Thursday & Saturday [182kb]
- Newton Abbot - Thursdays (May to Aug) [36kb]
Note Newton Abbot Amendments : 7th Aug (Occombe Farm to Cockington) bus leaves Sherborne Rd at 09.35. 21st Aug re-arranged for Friday 22nd Aug.
- Shaldon - Saturdays [230kb]
- Teignmouth - Wednesday & Friday [182kb]
- For health: Walking strengthens your heart, your bones and your muscles ... and it helps to control your weight.
- For wealth: Walking is free and will enrich your life in many ways.
- For happiness: Walking improves your mood and helps combat depression.
- For comfort: Go for a walk in your local park or wood and discover how nature can reduce stress and calm your mind.
- For joy: Walk with friends or join in one of your local walk programmes and discover just how much fun walking can be!
What is Walk This Way?
Walk This Way offers a variety of walks across Teignbridge welcoming all ages and abilities. Get walking, meet new people and explore the countryside all on your doorstep - you will soon feel the benefits that gentle exercise can bring!
- Level 1 = Short Walk 30/40 mins (up to 1.5 miles)
- Level 2 = Medium Walk 40 mins / 1 hour (1 - 2 miles)
- Level 3 = Long Walk over 1 hour (2 - 4 miles)
Identifying the different levels will help you chose a walk that is suitable for you. Further details of the three levels are below:
Flat, level, hard-surfaced paths and pavements. No steep hills or steps. Suitable for wheelchairs and buggies.
Medium Walk 40 mins/1 hr
1 - 2 miles
People that do a small amount of physical activity but need to increase their activity level.
Those with minor mobility problems that walk at a moderate speed and are able to cope with moderate gradients.
Footpaths & pavements with some gradients, sometimes steps or uneven terrain.
Footpaths, tracks and pavements, possibly uneven terrain and a few moderate-steep gradients. May include the use of stiles or steps. Can possibly be wet/muddy underfoot depending on weather.
I am interested in becoming a Voluntary Walk Leader - How do I achieve this?
If you would like to become a qualified Voluntary Walk Leader and help others walk their way to better health please view the details below
Becoming a Volunteer Walk Leader [124kb]
Volunteer Walk Leaders [191kb]
Walk Leader Training Application Form [76kb]
For further information please contact Chrissie Rowe on 01626 215603 or email email@example.com