Walk This Way - Free Walks Around Teignbridge
Join us and walk your way to better health!
Click on links below for details on -
- View our Timetables
- Reasons to start Walking
- What is Walk This Way?
- How do I join?
- Length and Suitability of Walks
- Becoming a voluntary Walk Leader
- Latest News & Feedback
View our Timetables:
- Chudleigh - Monday & Wednesday [48kb]
- Dawlish - Monday & Wednesday [4kb]
- Ipplepen - Tuesday (Nov to Mar) [204kb]
- Kingskerswell & Newton Abbot - Tuesday (Oct to Feb) [126kb]
- Kingskerswell - Wednesday (Oct to Dec) [63kb]
- Kingsteignton - Monday & Wednesday (November) [25kb]
- Moretonhampstead - Tuesday (Nov to Feb) [14kb]
- Newton Abbot - Thursdays (Jan to Apr) [63kb]
- Newton Abbot - Saturday [50kb]
- Shaldon - Wednesday [16kb]
- Teignmouth - Wednesday & Friday [57kb]
- For health: Walking strengthens your heart, your bones and your muscles ... and it helps to control your weight.
- For wealth: Walking is free and will enrich your life in many ways.
- For happiness: Walking improves your mood and helps combat depression.
- For comfort: Go for a walk in your local park or wood and discover how nature can reduce stress and calm your mind.
- For joy: Walk with friends or join in one of your local walk programmes and discover just how much fun walking can be!
What is Walk This Way?
Walk This Way offers a variety of walks across Teignbridge welcoming all ages and abilities. Get walking, meet new people and explore the countryside all on your doorstep - you will soon feel the benefits that gentle exercise can bring!
How Long are the Walks and How do I Know Which are Suitable for me?
Walks often have frequent pauses to admire the beauty of our natural environment. Some may stop for a refreshment break during the walk whilst others wait until the end of their walk to enjoy a well deserved cuppa and a chat.
Your walk level guide to exploring your countryside:
- Grade 1 = Short Walk up to 30 minutes. Flat paths or gentle slopes. Mainly firm surfaces. No steps or stiles. Suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs, and for those with little or no experience of exercise or walking
- Grade 2 = Medium Walk 30 - 60 minutes. These walks may include moderate steps, stiles or slopes and uneven surfaces. Ideal for those needing to increase their activity levels
- Grade 3 = Long Walk 45 - 90 minutes for those looking for more challenging walks and to increase activity levels. These routes will be on uneven surfaces and include stiles, steps & steeper inclines
- Progression Walks of 90 minutes + duration:
Footpaths, tracks and pavements, possibly uneven terrain and a few moderate-steep gradients. May include the use of stiles or steps. Can possibly be wet/muddy underfoot depending on weather.
Accredited by Teignbridge District Council Walk This Way
I am interested in becoming a Voluntary Walk Leader - How do I achieve this?
If you would like to become a qualified Voluntary Walk Leader and help others walk their way to better health please view the details below
Volunteer Walk Leader - Pre Course Information [542kb]
Volunteer Walk Leader Training Application Form [388kb]
Volunteer Role Description [330kb]
If you require further information please contact us using the contact details.