Planning and Building Control
The Planning Department is responsible for dealing with all planning matters within Teignbridge
with the exception of:
- Sites within Dartmoor National Park which has its own planning authority.
- Minerals, Waste and applications for development by Devon County Council all of which are dealt with by Devon County Council
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) comes into effect for applications determined on or after 13 October 2014. The charge will be levied on dwellings, on extensions of more than 100 square metres to existing dwellings and on retail development of more than 100 square metres outside identified town centres.
Planning Applications and Appeals
- View and comment on Planning Applications and Appeals
- Do I need Planning Permission to ....?
- Pre-application planning advice
- Applying for planning permission
- Design and Heritage
- Plan Teignbridge 2013-2033
- Self Build
- Infrastructure Delivery and Growth Point
- Neighbourhood Planning
Enforcement and Monitoring
- Making an Enforcement Complaint
- Planning Enforcement Policy and Procedure
- What is an Enforcement Notice
- View Enforcement Notices
- Contact Planning
- Building Control
Regeneration projects arising from Parish and town plans are implemented by a variety of different groups and organisations.