Rural Aid 2016-2017 is now closed.
The Rural Aid funding is intended to add value and enhance community life by supporting projects which address two or more of the following:
- Improving access to services
- Development and refurbishment of local community facilities and amenities
- Addressing rural sustainability issues
- Improving the health and well being of the local community
- Meeting the needs of minority and vulnerable groups
- Strong local community support and involvement
- Clear evidence of local need
Parish and Town Councils within the Rural Aid area can each submit one funding application per annual funding round (with individual submissions requesting no more than £5,000 in Rural Aid support).
NOTICE OF CHANGE
The Rural Aid fund has been reduced by £15k following a meeting of the Executive on 9th December 2014 (See Report in downloads section).
The consequence of this decision is Town and Parishes directly in Dartmoor National Park are no longer eligible for Rural Aid, and will have to apply to the Dartmoor Community Fund Dartmoor Communities Fund
Applications for Rural Aid funding for the financial year 2016-17 are now CLOSED.
The AGM was on held on Wednesday 11th May 2016 and the Decisions meeting was be held on Wednesday 20th July 2016.
Applications can relate to any form of expenditure as long as:
- It does not relate to the purchase of any moveable item (e.g. vehicles, computer equipment etc)
- It does not infer any continued or ongoing revenue costs (e.g. salaries, rental costs etc)
- It does not fund a particular activity which is the statutory function or responsibility of a public body (e.g. park/ play area maintenance etc)
- It does not fund projects that do not give public access, for example projects on School property or in religious buildings.
- It does not fund projects that have links to any political party.
Parishes eligible for Rural Aid Grants:
Abbotskerswell, Ashcombe,Ashton,Bickington,Bishopsteignton,Bovey Tracey, Broadhempston, Chudleigh,Coffinswell,Doddiscombsleigh,Dunchideock,Dunsford, Exminster, Haccombe, Hennock, Holcombe Burnell,Ide,Ideford,Ilsington,Ipplepen,Kenn,Kenton,Mamhead, Ogwell,Powderham,Shaldon,Shillingford St George,Starcross,Stokeinteignhead,Tedburn St Mary,Teigngrace,Trusham,Whitestone,Woodland.
For further information please contact Gary Powell Community Projects Officer, on 01626-215895, email firstname.lastname@example.org