To claim housing benefit you must complete the online application form.
Benefit will normally start from the Monday after your claim is received by us, so it is important that you do not delay if you want to claim.
You can start to make your claim even if you do not have all of the information. Save the partially completed form and return later to complete it.
Use the 'Start' button to make a new application or you can return to a previously saved form.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
To complete the form you will need to have the following information:
- name, date of birth, national insurance number
- address and post code
- details of earnings, including how much tax, national insurance and pension contributions are paid
- details of non earned income and benefits
- details of childcare costs
- detail of all savings, investments, bank and building society accounts
- if you live in rented accommodation, how much rent is charged, and your landlords name and address
You can start to make your claim even if you do not have all of the information. Save the partially completed from and return later to complete it.
Having completed the application you will receive a checklist which will tell you if you need to complete any other forms (eg. self employed earnings) or supply an evidence. The additional forms are available here. Your claim will be assessed and you will be contacted in due course.