Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Information about housing benefit

Show all parts of this guide

4. What is second adult rebate?

Second adult rebate is help with their Council Tax for people of qualifying state pension age who may not have a partner but who share their home with someone who:

  • is 18 or over
  • is on a low income, and
  • does not pay them rent.

At Teignbridge District Council, second adult rebate is only available to people of State Pension Credit age.