Food banks, Community Fridges and Larders
There are Food banks, Community Fridges and Larders available in Devon to help those in need. Food banks provide basic stocks of food and provisions, free of charge. Community Fridges and Larders offer food for free that would have otherwise gone to waste, this can be items with a short date or damaged packaging from local businesses. Food can also be donated by people who have too much produce from an allotment harvest or emptying a fridge prior to a move.
- South Devon Food Alliance has a list of local community fridges, larders, foodbanks and hot meal providers
- Find your nearest Food banks
- Recycle Devon have a list of community fridges and larders in Devon
Reducing food waste
- Tips on how to avoid your food waste
- Love Food Hate Waste - good food habits
Find out if you qualify for Free school meals and apply through Devon County Council.
Get help to buy food and milk with the NHS Healthy Start scheme. If you're more than 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under 4 you might be entitled to get help.