Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Have your circumstances changed?

If your circumstances change, please tell us as soon as possible.

The easiest way to report a change is to do it online, as you can access this service at any time. To report a change please use the 'start' button below.

 We will need to know what has changed and when for things such as :

  • Change of income
  • Change of address
  • Change of Income Benefit (Income Support, Jobseekers  Allowance or Employment Support)
  • Starting work
  • Losing your job
  • Someone moving in or out
  • Having a new child or your first child
  • Or any other change to your circumstances that might affect your entitlement

With the rollout of Universal Credit from 5 September 2018 some changes to your circumstances will mean that you can no longer claim Housing Benefit and you will need to claim Universal Credit instead. You will be given further advice about this when you tell us about your change.

To make sure you don't miss out please always tell us within one month of the change happening.

If your change means that you get less Housing Benefit, it is still important to tell us as soon as possible, otherwise you will receive a benefit overpayment. If you are overpaid, we will expect you to pay it back or we will deduct it from any future benefit payments.


Start the journey


More info about the journey

You will need to tell us about what has changed and have the details available.

We always need to know the date of the change then full details of the change.

Examples: new address, new rent charged, new landlord details, new income details, new income benefit details, new savings details, new partner details.


When this content has been updated

Last updated 29 June 2022