How to report fraud

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support is intended to help those who need it.

It's important that money does not go to people who claim dishonestly. If a customer makes a false statement to claim benefit or doesn't report a change in circumstance, they may have committed benefit fraud, which is a criminal office.

We are committed to tackling fraud and if you have concerns about anyone's entitlement to receive council tax reduction you can report a fraud to us online.

If you suspect someone of dishonestly claiming housing benefit or any other benefits provided by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) then you can report it online using or you can ring the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440.


When this content has been updated

Last updated 14 August 2018