We are working hard to secure all the business rates that are due in the district and need your help to identify any businesses that might be evading payment.
Examples of business rates fraud include:
- not declaring a new business premise
- not declaring that a property is being used for business purposes
- failure to inform the council that a business has moved into a property
- falsely stating that a property is no longer in use when it is
- falsely claiming a reduction or relief
If I report fraud, will I remain anonymous?
If you are reporting someone of suspected fraud you do not have to give your name but it might assist us if you do. However we treat all information we receive in the utmost confidence and we will not pass your details on to the person or company that you are reporting.
The Data Protection Act prevents us from giving feedback to members of the public about the outcome of individual case.