1. Local Restrictions Support Grant
Due to the new Government national restrictions, some businesses can apply for a Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG)
This scheme is different from the previous business rates support grant and is NOT linked to eligibility for Small Business Rate Relief or Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Relief.
You can apply if:
- you were open and trading up to 5 November
- you have been told to close from 5 November until 2 December
- you depend on providing direct in person services to visiting members of the public
- you have a business rates account
- your business appeared in the rating list on 5 November
Businesses added to the rating list after 5 November and backdated to this date are not eligible to apply for this grant scheme.
The list of business types which must close for this period includes businesses providing non-essential retail; personal care facilities; hospitality venues and leisure/entertainment.
The amount of grant funding received is dependent on the rateable value (RV) of your premises:
- less than or equal to £15,000 will receive £1,334
- over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive £2,000
- over £51,000 will receive £3,000
Payment of this grant covers a four week period.
A further grant of the same amount can be claimed in the event of the national restrictions being extended by any further 4 week period.
If your businesses is a nightclub, dance hall, discotheque, adult entertainment venue or hostess bar which has been unable to reopen since the first enforced closures in March, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your eligibility.
You cannot claim if:
- the majority of your business remains open. This allows for restaurants/pubs/other businesses which must be closed to public entry (losing the majority of normal trade) to still claim LRSG if a smaller permitted part of the business (e.g. take away/click and collect/delivery) remains in operation
- the business was in administration, insolvent or a striking-off notice had been made on or prior to the 5 November 2020
- you are not required to but have chosen to close
You must notify your local council if your situation changes and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria’.
Every claim will be subject to anti-fraud assessment and account verification. Attempts to fraudulently claim public grant funding will result in funds being recovered and legal action being taken in every instance.
In addition to the Local Restrictions Support Grants, there is a discretionary Additional Restrictions Grant scheme to provide a broad range of support to local businesses.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need the following information to complete this form:
- your business rate reference (eight digit number beginning with a 3)
- your VAT number/UTR code/company number or charity number
- your latest full bank statement covering the October 2020 trading period - this can be a photo or screenshot but must clearly show the name on the account, your sort code and account number. This will be the account into which the payment will be made if your claim is successful
- your latest 2020 utility bill, your insurance certificate or your tenancy agreement
We will process your Local Restriction Support Grant claim as quickly as possible.
If we have any questions about the information you have provided we will contact you directly.
We will notify you by email of the outcome and if successful we will make the payment by BACS transfer to the account details you have provided.