2. Apply for Business Support Grant
The Government recently announced a number of measures to support businesses/organisations suffering from financial difficulties caused by Coronavirus (COVID-19) including the Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant. These schemes will provide cash grants to eligible businesses/organisations.
- Any business/organisation currently in receipt of Small Business Rate Relief and Rural Rates Relief may be eligible for a £10,000 cash grant.
- Any retail, hospitality or leisure business/organisation eligible for Expanded Retail Relief with a rateable value of £15,000 or below may be eligible for a £10,000 cash grant.
- Any retail, hospitality or leisure business/organisation eligible for Expanded Retail Relief with a rateable value between £15,001 and £50,999 may be eligible for a £25,000 cash grant.
If you are a Teignbridge District Council business rate payer and fall into any of the categories above (even if you receive full relief and have a zero business rate bill) you may be eligible to receive a grant, please continue to complete the application and any necessary declarations.
If you are not registered as the business rate payer but believe you should be, go to how to register for business rates. You will need to register before you can apply for the grant. Grant income received by a business/organisation is taxable. Only businesses/organisations which make an overall profit once grant income is included will be subject to tax.
Here is a FAQ guide for applicants.
Some agencies are offering to apply for these grants for a fee. You do not need to pay a fee to an agency to make this application, just complete our easy and free application form below.
Further detail and guidance around Expanded Retail Relief.
Government guidance on the support grant funding.
Click 'Start' below to begin your application.
- businesses / organisations which are not ratepayers to Teignbridge District Council in the business rates system are not included in this scheme.
- properties in the valuation list that are for personal use are not eligible for this scheme, neither are car parks and parking spaces.
- businesses / organisations who are eligible for Expanded Retail Discount (which covers retail, hospitality and leisure) with a rateable value of £51,000 or over are not eligible for this scheme.
If for any reason you are unable to complete the form online please contact us on 01626 361101.
Any cash grants are required to comply with the EU law on State Aid. In this case, this involves declaring if you have received any other de Minimis State Aid and confirming that any cash grant you may receive will not exceed the €800,000 (£726,328 based on exchange rate on 25/03/20) which can be received within 3 years under the de Minimis Regulations EC 1407/2013.
Find out more about State Aid.
When will the Small Business Grant Fund & Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund close ?
We are in the final stages of these schemes and the vast majority of eligible businesses have now claimed grants.
Both the small business and retail grant schemes will be closed to new applications from 4pm on Friday 14 August 2020.
All those who applied before this date who have received a request from us to submit additional evidence must do so by 4pm on Friday 21 August 2020.
The Government has announced that both the Small Business Grant Fund and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund will close to payments on 28 August 2020.
If you think you are eligible but have not yet applied, please do so as soon as possible.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
Your business rates account reference (this is an 8 digit number starting with a 3)
Your company number if a limited company
Your vat number if VAT registered
Your business bank account details
A recent copy of your bank statement, from within last 3 months, saved as an image to upload to the form - we need this so that we can verify the bank account details you provide on the form and also so that we can check your business has been active recently.
We aim to process your application as quickly as possible. We are expecting a high volume of applications, so please bear with us while we process these quickly, safely and accurately.
If we have any questions over the information you have provided we will contact you directly.
If you are eligible to receive a grant award the payment will be made as we are able to by BACS transfer to the account details you have provided.
We have to receive an online application to be able to verify entitlement and make payments.
If you are unable to complete the form please contact 01626 361 101 and we will do our best to assist you.
The phone lines are open Mon - Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm