6. Tier 2 Business Grants - LRSG (Closed)
The Tier 2 Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (Closed) is available to businesses which have were required to close because of the restrictions between 2 December and up to and including 30 December 2020.
Businesses that were not forced to close during Tier 2 but were severely impacted are not eligible for this scheme, but can apply for the Tier 2 Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) scheme.
You can apply if:
- your business was forced to closed because of local restrictions in place from 2 December 2020 to 4 January 2021
- your business was open as usual and providing in-person services to customers from your business premises and was then required to close for a consecutive period of no less than 14 days as a result of regulations made under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984
- you have a business rate account
- your property appeared on the rating list on 2 December
You cannot apply if:
- You have not been required to but have chosen to close.
The amount of grant funding received is dependent on the rateable value (RV) of your premises:
- less than or equal to £15,000 will receive £667
- over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive £1,000
- equal to £51,000 and above will receive £1,500
Payment of this grant covers a 14 day qualifying restriction period.
If your application is successful, you will receive an initial amount to cover the payment cycle from 2 December 2020 to 15 December 2020 and the payment cycle 16 December 2020 to 29 December 2020.
You must notify us if your situation changes and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
Every claim will be subject to anti-fraud assessment and account verification. Attempts to fraudulently claim public grant funding will result in funds being recovered and legal action being taken in every instance.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need the following information:
- your business rate reference (eight digit number beginning with a 3)
- your VAT number/UTR code/company number or charity number
- your latest full bank statement covering the November 2020 period - this can be a photo or screenshot but must clearly show the name on the account, your sort code and account number. This will be the account into which the payment will be made if your claim is successful
- your latest 2020 utility bill/2020 insurance certificate or your tenancy agreement
We will process your Tier 2 local restrictions support grant application as quickly as possible.
If we have any questions about the information you have provided we will contact you directly.
We will notify you by email of the outcome and if successful we will make the payment by BACS transfer to the account details you have provided.