When this content has been published
Published on 4 July 2014
17 July 2014
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on THURSDAY, 17 JULY 2014 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 am.
Democratic Services Manager
The Members of the Audit Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Clarance (Chairman) Haines Petherick
Dewhirst (Vice Chairman) Connett Hockin Price
+ 1 Conservative vacancy
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If councillors have questions relating to pre-determination or interests in items on this agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please contact Karen Mason by 12 Noon on Tuesday, 15 July 2014 at the very latest.
• If you need this agenda in another language, print size or colour, Braille, BSL, as an e-mail attachment, MP3 File or disk, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail email@example.com
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting of the Audit Scrutiny Committee held on 27 March 2014 (previously circulated).
3. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Presentation on Pensions from Mark Gayler, Peninsula Pensions.
7. Grant Thornton:
8. Contract Procedure Rules (Review). The report seeks Members' approval for various amendments to the current rules following a review
9. Internal Audit Annual Report & Assurance Opinion. The annual report provides the Audit Manager's opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Council's control environment
- Item 9 Internal Audit Annual Report & Assurance Opinion
- Item 9 Internal Audit Annual Report & Assurance Opinion Appendix A
10. 2013/14 Final Accounts & Treasury Management Report
- Item 10 Final Accounts and Treasury Management Report
- Item 10 Final Accounts and Treasury Management Report Appendix 1
- Item 10 Final Accounts and Treasury Management Report Appendix 2
11. Strategic & Corporate Risk Review. The report provides an overview of the current status of the risk registers
12. Governance Review & Annual Governance Statement. The report provides the results of the annual governance review and presents the Annual Governance Statement for Members to review and recommend to Council
- Item 12 Governance Review and Annual Governance Statement Report
- Item 12 Governance Review and Annual Governance Statement Appendix A
- Item 12 Governance Review and Annual Governance Statement Appendix B
- Item 12 Governance Review and Annual Governance Statement Appendix C
13. Staffing Issues - report of the Business Lead for Corporate Services & Transformation as requested by the Committee at the last meeting
14. Financial Instructions and Contract Procedure Rules Waivers. The report provides information on the number of times the financial instructions or contract procedures rules have been waived
15. Work Plan - to identify any areas of work for future meetings of the Committee.