When this content has been published
Published on 13 July 2016
23rd July 2015
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on THURSDAY, 23 JULY 2015 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 11.00 am.
Please note start time of this meeting
A training session will be held at 10.00 a.m. for Members prior to the meeting
Democratic Services Manager
The Members of the Audit Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Clarance (Chairman) Dewhirst Haines Price
Hockin (Vice Chairman) Golder Jones Thorne
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If councillors have questions relating to pre-determination or interests in items on this agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please contact Karen Mason by 12 Noon on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at the very latest.
• If you need this agenda in another language, print size or colour, Braille, BSL, as an e-mail attachment, MP3 File or disk, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail email@example.com
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting of the Audit Scrutiny Committee held on 26 March 2015 (previously circulated).
3. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Grant Thornton:
7. Internal Audit Annual Report & Assurance Opinion. The annual report provides the Audit Manager's opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Council's control environment
8. 2014/15 Final Accounts & Treasury Management Report
9. Procurement of Refuse Fleet - an overview of the procurement process followed for the acquisition of the refuse fleet to be given by the Corporate Procurement Officer (verbal report).
10. Contract Procedure Rules - to approve an update of the Rules to reflect new legislation
11. Strategic & Corporate Risk Review. The report provides an overview of the current status of the Strategic & Corporate risk registers
12. TDC Audit Chairman Assurance Letter
13. Governance Review & Annual Governance Statement. The report provides the results of the annual governance review and presents the Annual Governance Statement for Members to review and recommend to Council
14. Work Programme:
· to identify areas of work for future meetings of the Committee;
· to identify any training needs.