When this content has been published
Published on 16 March 2016
24 March 2016
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on THURSDAY, 24 March 2016 in the Long Room, Old Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 am.
Please note meeting room
Democratic Services Manager
The Members of the Audit Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Clarance (Chairman) Dewhirst Haines Price
Hockin (Vice Chairman) Golder Jones Thorne
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If councillors have questions relating to pre-determination or interests in items on this agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please contact Karen Mason by 12 Noon on Tuesday before the meeting at the very latest.
• If you need this agenda in another language, print size or colour, Braille, BSL, as an e-mail attachment, MP3 File or disk, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail email@example.com
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting of the Audit Scrutiny Committee held on 17 December 2015 (previously circulated).
3. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Grant Thornton:
7. Internal Audit Quarterly Progress Report. The report provides information on the work undertaken by the Internal Audit Section and the level of assurance gained for each area audited
8. Assurance Letters - consideration of the Annual Assurance Letters from the Chairman of Audit Scrutiny and Chief Finance Officer
9. Risk Based Verification Policy - the report seeks comment on the continuation of the policy to administer new claims for housing benefit and council tax support
10. Financial Instructions and Contract Procedure Rules Waivers. The report provides information on the number of times the financial instructions or contract procedures rules have been waived
11. Internal Audit Plan 2016-2017. The Plan sets out the plan of internal work to ensure the adequacy of the control environment
- Item 11 Report Internal Audit Plan 2016-17
- Item 11 App A Internal Audit Plan 2016-17
- Item 11 App B Internal Audit Plan 2016-17
- Item 11 App C Internal Audit Plan 2016-17
- Item 11 App D Internal Audit Plan 2016-17
12. Community Infrastructure Levy - the Spatial Planning Business Manager to provide an overview of Community Infrastructure Levy monies.
13. Work Programme to identify areas of work for future meetings of the Committee.
14. Fraud Briefing - how well we performed. Presentation from the Local Government Lead of the European Institute for Combating Crime & Fraud (TEICCAF) Debbie Dansey.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
15. The Committee is recommended to approve the following resolution:
That under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the Press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 1 and 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act".
16. Appendix to Item 8 - Assurance Responses
17. Appendix to Item 9 - Risk Based Verification Policy