When this content has been published
Published on 23 March 2017
23 March 2017
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on 23 March 2017 in the Council Chamber, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting of the Audit Scrutiny Committee held on 15 December 2016.
3. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
7. Internal Audit Quarterly Progress Report. The report provides information on the work undertaken by the Internal Audit Section and the level of assurance gained for each area audited.
8. Assurance Letters – consideration of the Annual Assurance Letters from the Chairman of Audit Scrutiny and Chief Finance Officer.
9. Appointment of External Auditors - Update
10. Financial Instructions and Contract Procedure Rules Waivers. The report provides information on the number of times the financial instructions or contract procedures rules have been waived.
11. Internal Audit Plan 2017-2018. The Plan sets out the plan of internal work to ensure the adequacy of the control environment.
12. Work Programme, identify areas of work for future meetings or training needs.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
13. The Committee is recommended to approve the following resolution:
“That under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the Press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 8 and 9 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act”.
14. Market Walk Update - the report provides background information, the Business Manager for Economy & Assets will be in attendance to provide a verbal update.
The Members of the Audit Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Councillors: Clarance (Chairman), Hockin (Vice Chairman), Dewhirst, Golder, Haines, Jones, Price and Thorne.
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:-
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please submit your questions by email before 12 Noon on the Tuesday before the meeting.
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council’s website 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please contact us.
• Reports in Part I of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.