When this content has been published
Published on 6 December 2016
15 December 2016
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on 15 December 2016 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 am.
Democratic Services Manager
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting of the Audit Scrutiny Committee held on 14 September 2016.
3. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Grant Thornton:
7. Internal Audit Progress Report. The report provides information on the work undertaken by the Internal Audit Section and the level of assurance gained for each area audited.
8. Treasury Management Lending List and Mid Year Review.
9. Strategic & Corporate Risk Review. To consider a monitoring report on the Council's risk management arrangements.
10. Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA). The report provides an update on the operation of RIPA.
11. Appointment of External Auditors.
12. Write-Offs - Members receive an annual report on write-offs approved by the Executive over the year.
13. Financial Instructions and Contract Procedure Rules - Waiver. The report provides details of any waivers.
14. Insurance verbal report.
15. Work Programme:
to identify areas of work for future meetings of the Committee;
to identify any training needs.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
16. The Committee is recommended to approve the following resolution:
That under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the Press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 7 and 8 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act".
17. Write Off - Appendix.
The Members of the Audit Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Clarance (Chairman) Dewhirst Haines Price
Hockin (Vice Chairman) Golder Jones Thorne
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If councillors have questions relating to pre-determination or interests in items on this agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please contact Karen Mason by 12 Noon on Monday before the meeting at the very latest.
• If you need this agenda in another language, print size or colour, Braille, BSL, as an e-mail attachment, MP3 File or disk, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail email@example.com
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.