When this content has been published
Published on 12 July 2016
21 July 2016
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on THURSDAY, 21 JULY 2016 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 am.
Democratic Services Manager
The Members of the Audit Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Clarance (Chairman), Dewhirst, Haines, Price, Hockin (Vice Chairman), Golder, Jones, Thorne
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If councillors have questions relating to pre-determination or interests in items on this agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please contact Karen Mason by 12 Noon on the Tuesday before the meeting at the very latest.
• If you need this agenda in another language, print size or colour, Braille, BSL, as an e-mail attachment, MP3 File or disk, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail email@example.com
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting of the Audit Scrutiny Committee held on 24 March 2016 (previously circulated).
3. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Grant Thornton:
7. Internal Audit Annual Report & Opinion 2015-2016. The annual report provides the Audit Manager's opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Council's control environment
8. 2015/16 Draft Final Accounts & Treasury Management
9. Briefing on New Arrangements for Appointing External Auditors under the Audit and Accountability Act
10. Strategic & Corporate Risk Review. The report provides an overview of the current status of the Strategic & Corporate risk register
11. Governance Review & Annual Governance Statement. The report provides the results of the annual governance review and presents the Annual Governance Statement for Members to review and recommend to Council
- Item 11 - Governance Review and Annual Governance Statement 2015-2016
- Item 11 - Governance Review - App A
- Item 11 - Governance Review - App B
12. Car Park Review Group - the Chairman of the Group to provide an update on the work of the Group.
13. Financial Instructions and Contract Procedure Rules Waivers. The report provides information on the number of times the financial instructions or contract procedures rules have been waived
14. Work Programme:
· to identify areas of work for future meetings of the Committee;
· to identify any training needs.