When this content has been published
Published on 4 September 2017
12 September 2017
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on 12 September 2017 in the Council Chamber, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the meeting of the Audit Scrutiny Committee held on 20 July 2017.
3. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Grant Thornton:
7. Statement of Accounts 2016/17 (including letter of representation). To review the statement of accounts and recommend to Council for approval.
8. Internal Audit Progress Report. The report provides information on the work undertaken by the Internal Audit Section and the level of assurance gained for each area audited.
9. Annual Governance Statement Amendments.
10. Internal Audit Assurance Ratings. This report provides detail of ratings to replace the Poor, Fair, Good and Excellent categories.
11. Work Programme:
• to identify areas of work for future meetings of the Committee;
• to identify any training needs.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
The Members of the Audit Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Councillors: Clarance, Dewhirst, Golder, Haines, Hockin, Jones, Price and Thorne.
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:-
(1) All other Members of the Council.
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please submit your questions by email before 12 Noon on the Tuesday before the meeting.
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council’s website 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please contact us.
• Reports in Part I of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.