When this content has been published
Published on 11 July 2017
20 July 2017
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on 20 July 2017 in the Council Chamber, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman.
2. Apologies for Absence.
3. Minutes of the meeting of the Audit Scrutiny Committee held on 23 March 2017.
4. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
5. Matters of urgency/matters or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
6. Declarations of Interest.
7. Grant Thornton Progress Report and Update.
8. Internal Audit Annual Report & Opinion 2016-2017. The annual report provides the Audit Manager’s opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Council’s control environment.
9. 2016/17 Draft Final Accounts & Treasury Management a Members copy of the accounts are available in Committee Section.
10. Strategic & Corporate Risk Review. The report provides an overview of the current status of the Strategic & Corporate risk registers.
11. Governance Review & Annual Governance Statement. The report provides the results of the annual governance review and presents the Annual Governance Statement for Members to review and recommend to Council.
12. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – outline of actions to meet the new regulation.
13. Financial Instructions and Contract Procedure Rules Waivers. The report provides information on the number of times the financial instructions or contract procedures rules have been waived.
14. Work Programme:
• to identify areas of work for future meetings of the Committee;
• to identify any training needs.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
The Members of the Audit Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Councillors: Clarance, Dewhirst, Golder, Haines, Hockin, Jones, Price and Thorne.
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:-
(1) All other Members of the Council.
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please submit your questions by email before 12 Noon on the Tuesday before the meeting.
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council’s website 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please contact us.
• Reports in Part I of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.