When this content has been published
Published on 2 May 2014
13 May 2014
You are invited to a meeting of the Executive which will take place on Tuesday, 13 May 2014 at 10.00 a.m. in the King Charles Room, Old Forde House, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX.
Democratic Services Manager
(1) The Members of the Executive
Cllr Jeremy Christophers (Leader) - Economy, Strategic Direction, PR & Media
Cllr Stuart Barker (Deputy Leader) - Assets & Resources
Cllr George Gribble - Communities, Recreation & Leisure
Cllr Kevin Lake - Environmental Services
Cllr Sylvia Russell - Health & Wellbeing
Cllr Philip Vogel - Housing & Planning
Cllr Mike Walters - Corporate Services
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for Members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 Noon on Friday, 9 May 2014 at the very latest.
• If you would like this information in another format, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail email@example.com
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972.
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Minutes of the meeting held on the 15 April 2014
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman
5. Declarations of Interest
6. To note action taken under delegated powers as set out in Part III of the agenda.
7. Public Questions (if any)
8. Notice of Motion under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(l) (if any)
9. Executive Forward Plan - to note the Executive Forward Plan
10. The Committee is recommended to approve the following resolution:
"That under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the Press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act".
11. Procurement of Refuse Vehicles - to consider the options for the procurement of the replacement Waste & Cleansing Vehicle fleet and associated material sorting equipment
12. South Devon University Technical College (UTC) - to seek Executive approval for the proposed disposal of the former Blacklers Garage Site, Kingsteignton Road, Newton Abbot to directly facilitate the proposed South Devon UTC
(FOR INFORMATION ONLY)
The following contract procedure rules have been waived since the last meeting of the Executive:
· Contract Procedural Rules - Young Devon (£35,000) - Continuation of specialist advice and homeless prevention service for Young People in conjunction with Devon County Council;
· Contract Procedural Rules - Teignbridge Support Scheme (£38,000 total) - Provision of final year of Local Welfare Support through the voluntary sector to assist in building capacity in the third sector for the future.
The following Portfolio Holder Decisions have been made since the last meeting of the since the March meeting of the Executive:
· 28/14 - Bishopsteignton Allotments - consent be given to approve a rent subsidy for the Bishopsteignton Allotment & Growers Society for their use of Michaels Field, Newton Road, Bishopsteignton
Minutes of Meeting