When this content has been published
Published on 12 February 2015
24 February 2015
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Budget Meeting of the Council, at which your attendance is requested will be held in the Council Chamber at the Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot on TUESDAY, 24 FEBRUARY 2015 at 2.15 p.m. to transact the business specified in the Agenda set out below.
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting.
To: The Chairman and Members of Teignbridge District Council.
Public Access Statement
· there is an opportunity for Members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please submit your questions together with your name and address to email@example.com by 12 Noon on Friday, 20 February 2015 at the very latest.
· if you would like this information in another format, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
· agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas five working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please email email@example.com
· reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. To approve as a correct record and sign the minutes of the Council meeting held on 12 January 2014
3. Chairman's Announcements.
4. Declarations of Interest.
5. Public Questions Session under Council Procedure Rule 4.5 (j). (If any) Public questions to be submitted no later than 12 noon on Friday, 20 February 2015.
6. Councillor Questions under Council Procedure Rule 4.5 (k). (If any) Councillor questions to be submitted by Wednesday, 18 February 2015.
7. Notices of Motion under Council Procedure Rule 4.5 (l) Notices of Motion to be submitted by Thursday, 12 February 2015.
The following Notice of Motion has been tabled by Councillor Connett and supported by Councillors Brodie, Cox, Dewhirst, Hook and Williams.:
"This council has lost confidence in the Portfolio Holder for the Environment, Cllr Kevin Lake, and calls for his replacement on the Executive of the Council.
During his period in office the Portfolio Holder has overseen a significant fall in recycling across the district to 54.83% (1) in is seriously failing to meet the Council's Waste Plan target of 60.5%.
In addition, he is responsible for and champions the proposed new £35 a year charge for residents to have their garden waste collected by Teignbridge, claiming it will have no impact on our local environment.
Council notes that garden waste has for more than 20 years been collected across the district as part of the standard service funded through the Council Tax.
Further, that since his appointment in May 2011, the Portfolio Holder has attended just two of the possible 11 meetings of the important joint Devon Authorities Waste Reduction and Recycling Committee, and that last occasion was in June 2012 (2).
(1) Teignbridge's Council Plan 2011-2015 Quarterly Performance Report - September 2014
(2) Teignbridge District Council and DAWRCC minutes on Devon County Council website
8. Budget and Council Tax 2015/2016 - To consider the Executive's Final Financial Plan Proposals 2015/16 to 2017/18 and set the Council Tax 2015/2016
- item 8 - Rep Budget report
- item 8 - Budget app 1 timetable
- item 8 - Budget app 2 council tax base
- item 8 - Budget app 3 CT calculator
- item 8 - Budget app 4 revenue summary
- item 8 - Budget app 5 revenue budget detail
- item 8 - Budget app 6 fees and charges
- item 8 - Budget app 7 capital
- item 8 - Budget app 8 risk analysis
- item 8 - Budget app 9 BIA
- item 8 - Appendix 10
- item 8 - Budget app 11 TM strategy statement
- item 8 - Budget app 12 TM mid year review
- item 8 - Budget app 13 consultation report 2015
- item 8 - Budget app 14 Executive Minutes and Recommendations
- item 8 - Budget app 15 resolutions
- item 8 - Budget app 15abc CT resolutions
Members are kindly requested to note the following from the Council's Constitution: Part 3, Section 2 (Budget and Policy Framework Procedure Rules), Paragraph 2.2 (Process for Developing the Budget and Policy Framework), paragraph (e):
"That any Member who wishes to propose major changes, i.e. changes to the proposed Council Tax levels, or levels of reserves (to the budget proposed by the Executive) be required to give notice of such changes, in writing, to the Democratic Services Manager and the Chief Finance Officer at least 5 working days before the start of the Council (Budget) Meeting, e.g. if the meeting is at 10.00 a.m. on Monday the alternative proposal will need to be received by 10.00 a.m. on the immediately preceding Monday, so as to enable proper consideration to be given to the proposal........"
Alternative proposals will need to be submitted in writing before 2.15 p.m., Tuesday, 17 February 2015.
Information relating to a proposed major change to the budget will be circulated to all Members at least 24 hours before the Council Meeting.
9. Annual Pay Policy Statement - to consider approving the Annual Pay Policy Statement as required by the Localism Act 2011.
10. Planning Site Inspections May 2015 - to ensure those Members attending planning site inspections in May 2015 are inspected by Councillors who currently serve on the Planning Committee and are re-elected on 7 May 2015.
11. The Chairman to move:
"That the Common Seal of the Council be affixed to any document or documents necessary to give effect to the resolutions passed by the Council at this meeting."
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed
Minutes of Meeting