When this content has been published
Published on 19 September 2014
29 September 2014
Dear Sir / Madam
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Special Meeting of the Council at which your attendance is requested, will be held in the COUNCIL CHAMBER, FORDE HOUSE, BRUNEL ROAD, NEWTON ABBOT, TQ12 4XX on MONDAY, 29 SEPTEMBER 2014 at 10.00 a.m. to transact the business specified in the Agenda as set out.
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting.
To: The Chairman and Members of Teignbridge District Council.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. To approve as a correct record and sign the minutes of the Council meeting held on 31 July 2014 (printed pages 85 to 97 attached at the front of agenda).
3. Chairman's Announcements.
4. Declarations of Interest.
5. Public Questions Session under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(j) (if any).
6. Councillor Questions under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(k).
7. Notices of Motion under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(l) (if any).
Following conversation involving the Chairman, and at the request of some Members, this Notice of Motion has been placed on the agenda for further reconsideration. It is hoped that a representative of the Police & Crime Commissioner's office will be available to address the item.
The following Notice of Motion has been submitted by Councillor Hook and supported by Councillors Brodie, Bunday, Connett, Corney-Walker, Fry, Hocking, Parker and Shantry:
This authority notes with regret the proposed removal of front desk facilities at Newton Abbot Police Station as this runs directly contrary to the declared aims of the Police and Crime Commissioners to bring policing "closer to the public", and asks him to review and reconsider this decision as a priority.
The mover of the motion would wish it to be known that he is very happy to include any other station similarly impacted upon if local members from any such area wish to add to the above."
8. Referral from Audit Scrutiny - Annual Accounts, Annual Governance Statement and Local Code of Governance -
- Item 8 - Year end Accounts Report
- Item 8 - Statement of Accounts App.1
- Item 8 - Annual Governance Statement App.2
9. Referral from Audit Scrutiny - Contract Procedure Rules -
- Item 9 - Contract Procedure Rules Report
- Item 9 - Contract Procedure Rules App.1
- Item 9 - Contract Procedure Rules App.2
10. The Chairman to move:
"That the Common Seal of the Council be affixed to any document or documents necessary to give effect to the resolutions passed by the Council at this meeting."
Minutes of Meeting