When this content has been published
Published on 25 April 2014
6 May 2014
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that an Annual Meeting of the Council, at which your attendance is requested will be held in the Council Chamber at the Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot on TUESDAY, 6 MAY 2014 at 2.15 p.m. to transact the business specified in the Agenda set out below.
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting.
To: The Chairman and Members of Teignbridge District Council.
The Retiring Chairman will invite the Reverend Simon Croft to lead prayers for those who wish to take part before the meeting is opened.
Public Access Statement
· There is an opportunity for Members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please submit your questions together with your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 Noon on Thursday, 1 May 2014 at the very latest.
· If you would like this information in another format, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail email@example.com
· Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas five working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Retiring Chairman's announcements and presentations.
3. Election of Chairman of the Council.
The Retiring Chairman will seek nominations. Following election the Retiring Chairman will hand over the Chain of Office to the new Chairman. The Chairman will sign his/her Declaration of Acceptance of Office and give a short speech. Press photographs may be taken following which the Retiring Chairman will be presented with her past Chairman's badge.
4. Election of Vice-Chairman of the Council
The new Chairman will seek nominations. Following the election the Retiring Vice- Chairman will hand over the Vice-Chairman's Chain of Office to the new Vice-Chairman. At this stage the new Vice-Chairman will sign his/her Declaration of Acceptance of Office and give a short speech. Press photographs may be taken.
At this point, the Council will adjourn for 15 minutes. The Council will be reconvened by the new Chairman of the Council.
6. To approve as a correct record and sign the minutes of the Council meeting held on 21 February 2014
7. Chairman's Announcements.
8. Declarations of Interest.
9. Confirmation of the Executive. The Leader to advise Executive Membership.
10. Public Questions Session under Council Procedure Rule 4.5 (j). (If any).
11. Councillor Questions under Council Procedure Rule 4.5 (k). (If any).
12. Notices of Motion under Council Procedure Rule 4.5 (l).
13. Committee Appointments and Political Balance - Local Government and Housing Act 1989 - to note the legal position and to consider recommendations about the allocation of seats to the groups for the 2014/15 Municipal Year
14. Adoption of the Teignbridge Local Plan 2013-2033 - to consider the report of the Planning Inspector who examined the Teignbridge Local Plan and to recommend its adoption
- Item 14 - Rep Local Plan Adoption
- Item 14 - Addendum Report Local Plan
- Item 14 - App A
- Item 14 - App B
- Item 14 - App C
15. The Chairman to move:
"That the Common Seal of the Council be affixed to any document or documents necessary to give effect to the resolutions passed by the Council at this meeting."
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed
Minutes of Meeting