When this content has been published
Published on 11 February 2016
23 February 2016
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Budget Meeting of the Council at which your attendance is requested, will be held in the COUNCIL CHAMBER, FORDE HOUSE, BRUNEL ROAD, NEWTON ABBOT, TQ12 4XX on TUESDAY, 23 FEBRUARY 2016 at 2.15 p.m. to transact the business specified in the Agenda as set out.
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting.
To: The Chairman and Members of Teignbridge District Council.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. To approve as a correct record and sign the minutes of the Council meeting held on 25 January 2016
3. Chairman's Announcements.
4. Declarations of Interest.
5. Public Questions Session under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(j) (if any) to be submitted no later than Noon on Friday, 19 February 2016.
6. Councillor Questions under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(k) (if any) to be submitted by Wednesday, 17 February 2016.
7. Notices of Motion under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(l) (if any) to be submitted by Thursday, 11 February 2016.
Referrals from Executive
8. Budget and Council Tax 2016/17 - to consider the Executive's Final Financial Plan Proposals 2016/17 to 2018/19 and set the Council Tax 2016/17
- item 8 Rep Budget
- Budget app 1 budget timetable
- Budget app 2 council tax base
- Budget app 3 CT calculator
- Budget app 4 revenue summary
- Budget app 5 revenue budget detail
- Budget app 6 fees and charges
- Budget app 7 capital
- Budget app 8 risk analysis
- Appendix 9 Business Impact Assessment
- Budget app 10 Prudential Indicators
- Budget app 11 Treasury Management Strategy 2016-17
- Appendix 12 Treasury Management 2015/16 mid year review
- Appendix 13 Consultation Report
- Budget app 14 Draft Executive minute relating to the budget
- Appendix 15 CTax Resolutions
- Appendix 15 Council Tax Resolutions
A complete budget pack will be supplied to Members on receipt of all appendices.
Members are kindly requested to note the following from the Council's Constitution: Part 3, Section 2 (Budget and Policy Framework Procedure Rules), Paragraph 2.2 (Process for Developing the Budget and Policy Framework), paragraph (e):
"That any Member who wishes to propose major changes, i.e. changes to the proposed Council Tax levels, or levels of reserves (to the budget proposed by the Executive) be required to give notice of such changes, in writing, to the Democratic Services Manager and the Chief Finance Officer at least 5 working days before the start of the Council (Budget) Meeting, e.g. if the meeting is at 10.00 a.m. on Monday the alternative proposal will need to be received by 10.00 a.m. on the immediately preceding Monday, so as to enable proper consideration to be given to the proposal........"
Alternative proposals will need to be submitted in writing before 2.15 p.m., Tuesday, 16 February 2016.
Information relating to a proposed major change to the budget will be circulated to all Members at least 24 hours before the Council Meeting.
9. Annual Pay Policy Statement - to consider approving the Annual Pay Policy Statement as required by the Localism Act 2011
10. Local Government Boundary Review
11. The Chairman will announce:
"That the Common Seal of the Council be affixed to any document or documents necessary to give effect to the resolutions passed by the Council at this meeting."
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Minutes of Meeting