When this content has been published
Published on 18 September 2015
28 September 2015
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Meeting of the Council at which your attendance is requested, will be held in the COUNCIL CHAMBER, FORDE HOUSE, BRUNEL ROAD, NEWTON ABBOT, TQ12 4XX on MONDAY, 28 SEPTEMBER 2015 at 10.00 a.m. to transact the business specified in the Agenda as set out.
Note: A training session for Members will follow at the close of ordinary business regards safeguarding children and adults.
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting.
To: The Chairman and Members of Teignbridge District Council.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. To approve as a correct record and sign the minutes of the Council meeting held on 30 July 2015
3. Chairman's Announcements.
4. Declarations of Interest.
5. Public Questions Session under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(j) (if any) to be submitted no later than Noon on Thursday, 24 September 2015.
6. Councillor Questions under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(k) (if any) to be submitted by Tuesday, 22 September 2015.
7. Notices of Motion under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(l) (if any) had to be submitted by Wednesday, 16 September 2015.
The following Notice of Motion has been received:
Submitted by Councillor Hook and supported by Councillors Brodie, Connett, Dewhirst, Nutley and Rollason:
"This Council notes that the new Garden Waste Charge is currently being introduced across the District.
The scheme, which is set to start on September 1st and run on an annual basis till the following August 31st, contains certain unfortunate and singularly wrong details.
There is no proportionate reduction for residents who may wish to join the scheme at some stage during the year, or indeed there is no equivalent refund available for those who, for whatever reason, may leave the scheme during the course of the year.
Therefore, this council will
a) undertake an immediate review of the details of this scheme as it impacts on our residents;
b) enable residents who, having paid up front to participate in the scheme, then move out of the district during the course of the year to receive a proportionate refund; and
c) enable new residents to the district to buy into the scheme with a proportionate charge on a per month basis, i.e. a part year subscription."
Referrals from Executive
8. End of Year Accounts 2015 - to bring the Statement of Accounts 2014/15 including the Annual Governance Statement to Members for approval
- item 8 - Rep Year End Accounts 2015
- item 8 - Rep Year End Accounts 1
- item 8 - Rep Year End Accounts 2
- item 8 - Rep Year End Accounts 3
- item 8 - App Year End Accounts AGS 4
- item 8 - App Year End Accounts AGS 5
- item 8 - App Year End Accounts AGS 6
- item 8 - App Letter of Representation
9. Contract Procedure Rules - to seek approval for amendments to the Contract Procedure Rules
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
10.The Council is recommended to approve the following resolution:
"That under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the Press and Public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act".
11. The Fish Quay - Teignmouth
12. The Chairman will announce:
"That the Common Seal of the Council be affixed to any document or documents necessary to give effect to the resolutions passed by the Council at this meeting."
Minutes of Meeting