When this content has been published
Published on 22 July 2015
30 July 2015
Dear Sir / Madam
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Meeting of the Council at which your attendance is requested, will be held in the COUNCIL CHAMBER, FORDE HOUSE, BRUNEL ROAD, NEWTON ABBOT, TQ12 4XX on THURSDAY, 30 JULY 2015 at 10.00 A.M. to transact the business specified in the Agenda as set out.
Note: A briefing on the Council Strategy 2016 - 2025 will take place on the rising of Council with an anticipated finish of 12.45 p.m.
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting.
To: The Chairman and Members of Teignbridge District Council.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. To approve as a correct record and sign the minutes of the Annual Council meeting held on 19 May 2015
3. Chairman's Announcements.
4. Declarations of Interest.
5. Public Questions Session under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(j) (if any) to be submitted no later than noon on Tuesday, 28 July 2015.
6. Councillor Questions under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(k) (if any) to be submitted by Friday, 24 July 2015.
7. Notices of Motion under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(l) (if any) had to be submitted by Monday, 20 July.
The following Notice of Motion has been received:
Submitted by Councillor Dewhirst and supported by Councillors Cook, Nutley, Parker, Pilkington and Rollason.
"Teignbridge Council encourages and applauds residents and community groups who give freely of their time and energy and have undertaken voluntary work of various sorts on behalf of the local community. One praiseworthy example of such volunteering is the grass verge cutting and weeding currently being undertaken around the district, as Devon County Council has withdrawn this valued service. This work is helping to maintain the visual amenity of our residential areas and reduce the risk of flooding by contributing to keeping gullies clear and by keeping the District looking neat and tidy helps our vital Tourist Industry. The advice offered to residents by the County Council regarding disposal of the cut grass (to leave on the verges to rot down) seems singularly unfortunate as this will actually contribute to blocking gullies and therefore not help in the efforts to prevent flooding.
Consequently, in an effort to help out volunteering residents this Council will lobby Devon County to allow free access to deposit the grass cuttings and weeds at Recycling Centres around the District, rather than charging them, as appears to be the current practice."
Referrals from Executive
8. Standing Orders - Officer's Code of Conduct - To advise the Council of the changes in arrangements required if considering dismissal of one of the Council's three statutory officers.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Minutes of Meeting