When this content has been published
Published on 21 December 2016
9 January 2017
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Meeting of the Council at which your attendance is requested, will be held in the COUNCIL CHAMBER, FORDE HOUSE, BRUNEL ROAD, NEWTON ABBOT, TQ12 4XX on MONDAY, 9 JANARY 2016 at 11.15 a.m. or on the rising of Overview & Scrutiny Committee whichever is the later, to transact the business specified in the Agenda as set out.
Note: A presentation from South West Water about bathing water standards will be given prior to the Council meeting proper starter.
A presentation from the Local Enterprise Partnership will take place at the end of Council
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting.
To: The Chairman and Members of Teignbridge District Council.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. To approve as a correct record and sign the minutes of the Council meeting held on 26 September 2016
3. Chairman's Announcements.
4. Declarations of Interest.
5. Public Questions Session under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(j) (if any) to be submitted no later than Noon on 5 January 2017.
6. Councillor Questions under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(k) (if any) to be submitted by 3 January 2017
7. Notices of Motion under Council Procedure Rule 4.5(l) (if any) had to be submitted by 20 December 2016
8. Council Tax Reduction Scheme - to seek approval of the Executive recommendations on 6 December 2016 for the adoption of the current CTR Scheme inclusive of agreed changes
- Item 8 - Rep CTR Scheme
- Item 8 - App A CTRS Executive Report
- Item 8 - App B CTRS Exec Minutes
- Item 8 - App C OS CTR
- Item 8 - App D CTR
- Item 8 - CTRS Scheme Draft
9. Council Tax Base - to consider the proposed council tax base 2017/18 as recommended by the Executive
10. Appointment of External Auditors - to seek approval for the Council to join the national scheme for the appointment of future external auditors
11. Committee Appointments and Political Balance - to consider the appointments and political balance of the Council and its Committees following the Bovey Tracey Ward and Chudleigh Ward by-election held on 15 December - report to follow.
12. The Chairman will announce:
"That the Common Seal of the Council be affixed to any document or documents necessary to give effect to the resolutions passed by the Council at this meeting."
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Minutes of meeting