When this content has been published
Published on 26 June 2015
6 July 2015
OVERVIEW & SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on MONDAY, 6 July 2015 in the Council Chamber, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 am.
Democratic Services Manager
The Members of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Councillors: Haines (Chairman), Price (Vice Chairman), Bladon, Brodie, Bullivant, Clarance, Colclough, Connett, Cox, Dennis, Dewhirst, Ford, Fusco, Golder, Grainger, Hocking, Hook, Jeffery, Johnson-King, Kerswell, Matthews, Mayne, Nutley, Orme, Parker, Prowse, Smith, Thorne, Walters and Winsor.
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 Noon on Thursday, 2 July 2015.
• If you need this agenda in another language, print size or colour, Braille, BSL, as an e-mail attachment, MP3 File or disk, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail email@example.com
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reports in Part I of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
Executive Members may observe proceedings
Executive Members may be invited to speak by the Chairman of the Committee
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of meeting of the Committee held on 30 March 2015 (previously circulated).
3. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Declarations of interest.
5. Matters of urgency or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
6. Call-in - to consider any call-ins.
Additional item of business:
Community Energy Company (Teign Energy Communities) will provide an outline of their work and a progress report on actions to date.
7. Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document
8. Health & Safety Committee - to appoint a representative to sit on this internal committee.
9. Executive Forward Plan - to note the contents of Forward Plan and to raise any items for inclusion on the Committee's Work Programme
10. Work Programme - to identify areas of work for future meetings of the Committee.
· Sickness Absence (September 2015).
· Living Wage (September 2015) (Cllr Brodie).
· Leisure Policy - report on plans for the future, S106 & CIL monies, how are Members being consulted (Cllr Hook).
· Presentation First Great Western Stakeholder Update (to be timetabled).
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed
11. The Committee is recommended to approve the following resolution:
That under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the Press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 8 and 9 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act".
12. Increasing the Supply of Affordable Housing
Minutes of Meeting