When this content has been published
Published on 23 June 2017
3 July 2017
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on Monday, 3 July 2017 in the Council Chamber, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
A G E N D A
(Open to the Public)
Executive Members may observe proceedings
Executive Members may be invited to speak by the Chairman of the Committee
1. Appointment of Chairman.
2. Appointment of Vice Chairman.
3. Apologies for absence.
4. Public questions (if any).
5. Minutes of meeting of the Committee held on 3 April 2017.
6. Agreement of the agenda between Parts I and II.
7. Declarations of interest.
8. Matters of urgency or report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
9. Call-in – to consider any call-ins.
10. Work Programme – to consider the future work programme.
11. Training - Unlocking the potential of Task and Finish Reviews. By the end of this interactive session Members will understand how to:
(a) identify and prioritise Task & Finish topics for inclusion in a forward plan;
(b) understand the different stages involved in a 'high impact' Task & Finish Review
(c) Plan a Task & Finish Review using a 'one page strategy' planning tool;
(d) Make space and time within existing Committee meetings to carry out in depth reviews.
The Members of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee as named below:
Councillors: Haines (Chairman), Brodie, Clarance, Colclough, Connett, Cox, Dennis, Dewhirst, Eden, Ford, Golder, Gribble, Hayes, Hocking, Hook, Jeffery, Keeling, Kerswell, Matthews, Mayne, Morgan, Nutley, Orme, Parker, Peart, Price, Prowse, Smith, Thorne and Winsor.
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at this meeting. Please submit your questions by email before 12 Noon on the Thursday before the meeting.
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council’s website 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please contact us.
• Reports in Part I of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.