When this content has been published
Published on 1 July 2014
1 July 2014
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on TUESDAY 1 JULY 2014 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 9.45 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
Councillors Clemens (Chairman), Smith (Vice Chairman)
Austen, Brodie, Bunday, Colclough, Corney-Walker, Dennis, Dewhirst, Fry, Fusco, Keeling, Kerswell, Klinkenberg, Lambert, Lewis, Matthews, McMurray, Parker, Price and Vogel
Substitutes: Councillors Bromell, Christophers, Connett, Cox, Haines, Prowse, Purser, Russell and Williams
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact Trish Corns on 01626 215112 or email@example.com by 12 Noon on the Thursday prior to the Committee meeting.
• If you would like this information in another format, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail email@example.com
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
· General information about Planning Committee, delegated decisions, dates of future committees, public participation in committees as well as links to agendas and minutes are available at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/planningcommittee
A G E N D A
Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 3 June, 2014
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Public Participation - The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
Note: A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting. Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form. The survey form is also available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Planning Applications for Consideration
On 6 May 2014 the Council adopted the Teignbridge Local Plan 2013 - 2033. The Local Plan now has full development plan status and applications must be determined in accordance with the Local plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
Members are reminded that on 15 January 2012 Section 143 of the Localism Act 2011 came into force. This section provides that when determining planning applications, local planning authorities shall have regard to:
(a) the provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the application;
(b) any local finance considerations, so far as material to the application; and
(c) any other material considerations.
In this context 'local finance considerations' means grant or other financial assistance that has been, or will or could be provided by central Government or sums that a relevant authority, such as Teignbridge District Council has received, or will or could receive in payment of Community Infrastructure Levy.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) came into effect on 27 March 2012 and its provisions constitute material considerations which carry weight in the determination of planning applications. However the Local Plan was prepared in accordance with the NPPF and accordingly there should not be significant divergence between the policies of the Local Plan and the NPPF. Again, the Local Plan has primacy in determining applications.
Each report will give details of the relevant Local Plan policies and the relevant material considerations and the weight to be given to them.
Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be placed on the Public Access area of the Council's Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting at http://gis.teignbridge.gov.uk/TeignbridgePlanningOnline/Search.aspx
(a) Site Inspection
EXMINSTER 13/02729/MAJ - Land at Matford Home Park , South Of A379 Outline - mixed use development comprising circa 230 residential dwellings (C3), one single form entry primary school (D1), retail floorspace (A1) together with associated public open space and highway infrastructure (approval sought for access).
This application will be considered at a future Committee meeting.
(b) Other applications
· HACCOMBE WITH COMBE 14/00612/FUL -Orchard Cottage, Combeinteignhead - Change of use of agricultural land to domestic use and single storey extension to rear.
· BISHOPSTEIGNTON - 14/00662/FUL - Land at Teignmouth Road, Bishopsteignton - Retention of resurfaced track section, resurfacing of existing track including a vehicle turning area and erection of timber shed.
8. Enforcement Report - to note enforcement action taken under delegated powers since the last meeting of the Committee.
9. Appeals Decisions - to note appeal decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate on appeals against refusal of planning permission.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Future meetings of the Committee
Tuesday 29 July
Tuesday 26 August
Tuesday 23 September
Tuesday 21 October
Site Inspection Teams and dates of future site inspections:
Team 1: (4 Sept 2014)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Bunday, Colclough, Dennis, McMurray, Parker, Price and Vogel
Team 2: (10 July, 2 October 2014)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Corney-Walker, Dewhirst, Keeling, Klinkenberg, Lambert, and Matthews.
Team 3: (7 Aug 2014)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Austen, Brodie, Fry,Fusco, Kerswell and Lewis
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
(Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985)
List of Background Papers relating to the various items of reports as set out in Part I of the Agenda
As relevant or appropriate:
1. Applications, Forms and Plans.
2. Correspondence/Consultation with and from interested parties.
3. Correspondence/Consultation with and interested bodies.
4. Structure Plan Documents.
5. Local Plan Documents.
6. Local/Topic Reports.
7. Central Government Legislation.
Minutes of Meeting
Planning Committee Updates
Late Representations Procedure