When this content has been published
Published on 10 October 2014
21 October 2014
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on Tuesday 21 October 2014 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 9.45 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
Councillors Clemens (Chairman), Smith (Vice Chairman)
Austen, Brodie, Bunday, Colclough, Corney-Walker, Dennis, Dewhirst, Hocking, Fusco, Keeling, Kerswell, Klinkenberg, Lambert, Lewis, Matthews, McMurray, Parker, Price
Substitutes: Councillors Bromell, Christophers, Connett, Cox, Haines, Prowse, Purser, Russell and Williams
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact Trish Corns on 01626 215112 or email@example.com by 12 Noon on the Thursday prior to the Committee meeting.
• If you would like this information in another format, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail email@example.com
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
· General information about Planning Committee, delegated decisions, dates of future committees, public participation in committees as well as links to agendas and minutes are available at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/planningcommittee
A G E N D A
PART I (Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 21 September 2014
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Public Participation - The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
Note: A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting. Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form. The survey form is also available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Planning Applications for Consideration
On 6 May 2014 the Council adopted the Teignbridge Local Plan 2013 - 2033. The Local Plan now has full development plan status and applications must be determined in accordance with the Local plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
Members are reminded that on 15 January 2012 Section 143 of the Localism Act 2011 came into force. This section provides that when determining planning applications, local planning authorities shall have regard to:
(a) the provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the application;
(b) any local finance considerations, so far as material to the application; and
(c) any other material considerations.
In this context 'local finance considerations' means grant or other financial assistance that has been, or will or could be provided by central Government or sums that a relevant authority, such as Teignbridge District Council has received, or will or could receive in payment of Community Infrastructure Levy.
On 13 October 2014 the Council introduced the Community Infrastructure Levy (or CIL) following the approval of the CIL Charging Schedule by the Independent Examiner in April 2014 and adoption by Full Council on 31 July 2014. CIL replaces Section 106 Agreements for the funding of infrastructure requirements arising from retail and residential developments.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) came into effect on 27 March 2012 and its provisions constitute material considerations which carry weight in the determination of planning applications. However the Local Plan was prepared in accordance with the NPPF and accordingly there should not be significant divergence between the policies of the Local Plan and the NPPF. Again, the Local Plan has primacy in determining applications.
Each report will give details of the relevant Local Plan policies and the relevant material considerations and the weight to be given to them.
Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be placed on the Public Access area of the Council's Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting. http://gis.teignbridge.gov.uk/TeignbridgePlanningOnline/Search.aspx
(a) Site Inspections
The following "major" applications were the subject of a site inspection on 1 October 2014. The site inspection report will be considered in conjunction with the detailed reports of the Business Manager which are either included in the Committee agenda for this meeting or that of a future meeting.
· Ashburton - 14/00798/MAJ Land at Dolbeare Road - Change of use of agricultural building to use as a farm shop (Class A1) with access, cafe and car parking (for Messrs A Johns and P Parker).
· Newton Abbot - 14/01797/MAJ Land At NGR 285451 72391 Whitehill, Exeter Road - 228 dwellings, public open space and associated infrastructure (for Mr T Brown - Linden Homes South West).
· Newton Abbot - 14/02693/MAJ Albany Street Surgery - Change of use from doctors surgery to residential (supported temporary accommodation) and minor alterations to external appearance (for Teignbridge District Council).
(b) Other Applications
· Teignmouth - 14/02545/ADV - Carlton Theatre, The Den - Provision of advertisement including information about the development including visual images of the proposal and poster frames for performances and public updates, (for Teignbridge District Council).
· NEWTON ABBOT - 14/01922/MAJ - Teignbridge District Council, Waste Bulking Station - Expansion of existing transfer bulking station, provision of revised access to adjacent civic amenity site and re-configuration of car park for Council Offices (for Teignbridge District Council).
· NEWTON ABBOT - 14/02693/MAJ - Albany Surgery, Albany Street - Change of use from doctors' surgery to residential (supported temporary accommodation) and minor alterations to external appearance (for Teignbridge District Council).
· KINGSTEIGNTON - 13/03590/MAJ - Land East of Penns Mount NGR 287675 72885, Vicarage Hill - Outline application for up to 80 dwellings (approval sought for access) (for Codex Land Promotion).
· BISHOPSTEIGNTON - 14/02325/FUL - Bishopsteignton Museum, Flow Lane - Erection of new museum, doctors' surgery and two dwellings with associated landscaping, parking and access (for Bishopsteignton Charitable Trust).
· ASHBURTON - 14/00798/MAJ - Land at Dolbeare NGR 276429 70277, Dolbeare Road - Change of use of agricultural building to use as a farm shop (Class A1) with access, cafe and car parking (for Mr A Johns and Mr P Parker).
· BROADHEMPSTON - 14/02311/COU - Fishacre Barton, Littlehempston - Change of use and conversion of barn to dwelling, demolition of lean-to and external alterations (for Mr P Ellis).
8. Enforcement Report - to note a report on recent enforcement action.
9. Appeals Decisions - to note decisions made on recent Planning Appeals.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Future meetings of the Committee
Tuesday 18 November
Tuesday 16 December
Tuesday 13 January 2015
Tuesday 10 February
Tuesday 10 March
Wednesday 8 April
Site Inspection Teams and dates of future site inspections:
Team 1: (27 November 2014, 19 February 2015)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Bunday, Colclough, Dennis, McMurray, Parker, Price and Vogel
Team 2: (23 December 2014, 19 March 2015)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Corney-Walker, Dewhirst, Keeling, Klinkenberg, Lambert, and Matthews
Team 3: (30 October 2014, 22 January, 16 April 2015)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Austen, Brodie, Hocking, Fusco, Kerswell and Lewis
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
(Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985)
List of Background Papers relating to the various items of reports as set out in Part I of the Agenda
As relevant or appropriate:
1. Applications, Forms and Plans.
2. Correspondence/Consultation with interested parties.
3. Correspondence/Consultation with interested bodies.
4. Structure Plan Documents.
5. Local Plan Documents.
6. Local/Topic Reports.
7. Central Government Legislation.
Minutes of Meeting
Planning Committee Updates
Late Representations Procedure