When this content has been published
Published on 18 July 2014
29 July 2014
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on Tuesday 29 July 2014 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 9.45 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
Councillors Clemens (Chairman), Smith (Vice Chairman), Austen, Brodie, Bunday, Colclough, Corney-Walker, Dennis, Dewhirst, Fry Fusco, Keeling, Kerswell, Klinkenberg, Lambert, Lewis, Matthews, McMurray, Parker, Price and Vogel
Substitutes: Councillors Bromell, Christophers, Connett, Cox, Haines, Prowse, Purser, Russell and Williams
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact Trish Corns on 01626 215112 or email@example.com by 12 Noon on the Thursday prior to the Committee meeting.
• If you would like this information in another format, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail email@example.com
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
· General information about Planning Committee, delegated decisions, dates of future committees, public participation in committees as well as links to agendas and minutes are available at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/planningcommittee
A G E N D A
PART I (Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 1 July 2014
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Public Participation - The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
Note: A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting. Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form. The survey form is also available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Planning Applications for Consideration
On 6 May 2014 the Council adopted the Teignbridge Local Plan 2013 - 2033. The Local Plan now has full development plan status and applications must be determined in accordance with the Local plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
Members are reminded that on 15 January 2012 Section 143 of the Localism Act 2011 came into force. This section provides that when determining planning applications, local planning authorities shall have regard to:
(a) the provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the application;
(b) any local finance considerations, so far as material to the application; and
(c) any other material considerations.
In this context 'local finance considerations' means grant or other financial assistance that has been, or will or could be provided by central Government or sums that a relevant authority, such as Teignbridge District Council has received, or will or could receive in payment of Community Infrastructure Levy.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) came into effect on 27 March 2012 and its provisions constitute material considerations which carry weight in the determination of planning applications. However the Local Plan was prepared in accordance with the NPPF and accordingly there should not be significant divergence between the policies of the Local Plan and the NPPF. Again, the Local Plan has primacy in determining applications.
Each report will give details of the relevant Local Plan policies and the relevant material considerations and the weight to be given to them.
Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be placed on the Public Access area of the Council's Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting at http://gis.teignbridge.gov.uk/TeignbridgePlanningOnline/Search.aspx
DAWLISH - 14/01471/COU - Lower Floor, Tunnicliffe - Change of use of drop in centre to office (Use Class B1) for water fowl warden
- A1 - 14 10471-COU
Landscape Sensitivity Study to Onshore Wind Energy and Large Scale Solar Photo Voltaic (pv) Developments and Landscape Strategy for accommodating these developments in Teignbridge
- B2 - Landscape Sensitivity Wind Solar Note to Committee2
- Annex A of Committee Report
- Annex B - You said we did
- B4 - 13 02729
South West Exeter Development Framework Plan
EXMINSTER 13/02729/MAJ - Land at Matford Home Park, South Of A379 Outline - mixed use development comprising circa 230 residential dwellings (C3), one single form entry primary school (D1), retail floorspace (A1) together with associated public open space and highway infrastructure (approval sought for access).
TEIGNMOUTH 14/00447/MAJ - Land West Of Higher Exeter Road Outline - residential development of up to 255 homes and associated infrastructure (approval sought for access).
STOKEINTEIGNHEAD - 14/00648/FUL - Middle Rocombe Farm - Re-development of existing artist's studio and barns to form new dwelling with ancillary artist's studio, change of use of conversion of barns to form 2 dwellings and provision of car parking facilities
NEWTON ABBOT - 14/00741/FUL - 6 College Road - Conversion of house into 3 self contained flats with associated extensions and external alterations
TEIGNMOUTH 14/01248/FUL - 66 Dawlish Road - Raising of roof to form a loft conversion
8. Appeals Decisions - to note appeal decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate on appeals against refusal of planning permission.
- Appeal decisions
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Minutes of Meeting
Planning Committee Updates