When this content has been published
Published on 25 April 2014
7 May 2014
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on Wednesday 7 MAY 2014 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 9.45 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
Councillors Clemens (Chairman), Smith (Vice Chairman)
Austen, Brodie, Bunday, Colclough, Corney-Walker, Dennis, Dewhirst, Fusco, Goodey, Keeling, Kerswell, Klinkenberg, Lambert, Lewis, Matthews, Parker, Petherick, Price and Walters
Substitutes: Councillors Bromell, Christophers, Connett, Cox, Haines, Prowse, Purser, Russell and Williams
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact us by 12 Noon on the Thursday prior to the Committee meeting.
• Please contact us if you would like this information in another format.
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website 5 working days prior to the meeting. Please contact us if you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meeting.
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
· General information about Planning Committee, delegated decisions, dates of future committees, public participation in committees as well as links to agendas and minutes are available.
A G E N D A
PART I (Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 8 April 2014
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Public Participation - The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
Note: A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting. Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form. The survey form is also available by contacting us.
7. Planning Applications for Consideration
Notes:Members are reminded that on 15 January 2012 Section 143 of the Localism Act 2011 came into force. This section amends Section 70 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (determination of applications for planning permission: general considerations) and provides that when determining planning applications, local planning authorities shall have regard to:
(a) the provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the application;
(b) any local finance considerations, so far as material to the application; and
(c) any other material considerations.
The only remaining element of the development plan is the saved policies of the adopted Teignbridge Local Plan (1996). Regional Planning Guidance 10 and the Devon Structure Plan have been revoked.
In this context 'local finance considerations' means grant or other financial assistance that has been, or will or could be provided by central Government or sums that a relevant authority, such as Teignbridge District Council has received, or will or could receive in payment of Community Infrastructure Levy.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) came into effect on 27 March 2012 and its provisions constitute material considerations which carry significant weight in the determination of planning applications.
A further material consideration is the emerging Local Plan (2013 - 2033) which was submitted for examination in June 2013. The weight to be given to individual policies in the submission Local Plan is to be considered in accordance with paragraph 216 of the NPPF:
· the stage of preparation of the emerging plan (the more advanced the preparation, the greater the weight that may be given);
● the extent to which there are unresolved objections to relevant policies (the less significant the unresolved objections, the greater the weight that may be given); and
● the degree of consistency of the relevant policies in the emerging plan to the policies in this Framework (the closer the policies in the emerging plan to the policies in the Framework, the greater the weight that may be given).
Each report will give details of the relevant saved Local Plan policies and the relevant material considerations and the weight to be given to them.
Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be placed on the Public Access area of the Council's Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting.
(a) Site Inspection
(i) Major application to be considered at this meeting.
· TE3 Land: Teignmouth 14/00447/MAJ - Land West Of Higher Exeter Road
Outline - residential development of up to 255 homes and associated infrastructure (approval sought for access).
(b) Other applications
· KINGSTEIGNTON - 14/00605/COU - 1 Calvados Park, Kingsteignton - Change of use of land to additional residential parking.
· TEIGNMOUTH - 14/00447/MAJ - Land West Of Higher Exeter Road - Outline - residential development of up to 255 homes and associated infrastructure (approval sought for access).
· OGWELL - 14/00151/FUL - Land South West of Jolly Sailor NGR 283831 69951, East Ogwell - Affordable dwelling with integral annexe.
· DAWLISH - 14/00309/OUT - 50 Cofton Hill, Cockwood - Outline - Demolition of glasshouses, various buildings, the removal of a caravan and the relinquishment of planning permission for 8 holiday lodges and the erection of two dwellings (all matters reserved for future consideration).
· BOVEY TRACEY - 14/00697/COU - 1-2 Sabre Buildings, Sabre Close - Change of use from B1 and B8 use to air rifle range and retail outlet (sui generis)
· KINGSKERSWELL - 13/03563/REM - Land at Fluder Hill - Approval of reserved matters for three dwellings (approval sought for appearance and scale).
· DAWLISH - 14/00683/FUL - By-The-Way, 1 Cliff Road - Two storey extension with swimming pool and terrace over (revised scheme).
· DAWLISH - 14/00469/FUL - Rock Cottage, Harbour Way - Erection of single dwelling.
· DAWLISH - 14/00480/FUL - 8 Meldrum Close - Loft conversion including rear dormer, roof lights and
· To note enforcement action taken during March and April 2014.
· TEIGNMOUTH 12/00345/ENF land off Higher Woodway Road - Unauthorised residential use of agricultural building and unauthorised change of use of land from an agricultural use to the production of charcoal and log sales.
· DENBURY & TORBRYAN 13/00498/ENF land to the north of road from Poole Cross to Broadhempston, Torbryan - Unauthorised construction of a dwelling.
9. Appeals Decisions - to note appeal decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate on appeals against refusal of planning permission.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Future meetings of the Committee
Tuesday 3 June 2014
Tuesday 1 July
Tuesday 29 July
Tuesday 26 August
Tuesday 23 September
Tuesday 21 October
Site Inspection Teams and dates of future site inspections:
Team 1: (12 June, 4 Sept 2014)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Bunday, Colclough, Dennis, Lambert, Parker, Price and Walters.
Team 2: (10 July, 2 October 2014)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Corney-Walker, Dewhirst, Goodey, Keeling, Klinkenberg, and Matthews.
Team 3: (15 May, 7 Aug 2014)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Austen, Brodie, Fusco, Petherick, Kerswell, Lewis, and Williams.
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
(Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985)
List of Background Papers relating to the various items of reports as set out in Part I of the Agenda
As relevant or appropriate:
1. Applications, Forms and Plans.
2. Correspondence/Consultation with and from interested parties.
3. Correspondence/Consultation with and interested bodies.
4. Structure Plan Documents.
5. Local Plan Documents.
6. Local/Topic Reports.
7. Central Government Legislation.
Minutes of Meeting
Late Representations Procedure