When this content has been published
Published on 26 February 2016
8 March 2016
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on Tuesday,
8 March, 2016 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 9.45 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
Distribution: Councillors Smith (Chairman), Kerswell (Vice Chairman)
Austen, Bladon, Brodie, Bullivant, Clarance, Colclough, Dennis, Ford, Fusco, Johnson-King, Jones, Orme, Parker, Pilkington, Price, Prowse, Rollason, Walters and Winsor
Substitutes: Councillors Cox, Dewhirst, Golder, Haines, Hocking, Klinkenberg,
Nutley, Russell and Thorne
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
A G E N D A
PART I (Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 9 February, 2016.
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Public Participation - The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
Note: A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting. Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form. The survey form is also available by firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Planning Applications for Consideration.
· KINGSKERSWELL - 15/01953/FUL - 16 Huxnor Road - Demolition of bungalow and erection of two dwellings including associated site works and landscaping.
The application was deferred at the last meeting of the Committee pending a Member site inspection. The report of the Business Manager circulated with the agenda for the last meeting on 9 February and the report of the site inspection held on 17 February are attached.
· TEIGNMOUTH - 16/00172/FUL - Teignmouth Pavilion, Sea Front - Bowls Club store to side of new Teignmouth Pavilions building.
· BOVEY TRACEY - 15/02940/COU - Moor View Primary School, Heathfield - Change of use from school (Use Class D1) to offices and associated storage (Use Class B1).
8. NA2 WHITEHILL, NEWTON ABBOT - Draft Development Framework Plan
Report of the Business Manager
9. Appeal decisions - to note decisions made on recent Planning Appeals
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Future meetings of the Committee
5 April, 6 May 2016
Dates of site inspections
Team 1 - (11 May)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Bladon, Bullivant, Colclough, Johnson-King, Jones, Price and Rollason
Team 2 - (16 March)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Austen, Brodie, Clarance, Dennis, Orme, and Parker
Team 3 - (13 April)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors, Ford, Fusco, Pilkington, Prowse, Walters and Winsor
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
(Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985)
List of Background Papers relating to the various items of reports as set out in Part I of the Agenda
As relevant or appropriate:
1. Applications, Forms and Plans.
2. Correspondence/Consultation with interested parties.
3. Correspondence/Consultation with interested bodies.
4. Structure Plan Documents.
5. Local Plan Documents.
6. Local/Topic Reports.
7. Central Government Legislation.
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
- There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact Trish Corns on 01626 215112 or email@example.com by 12 Noon on the Thursday prior to the Committee meeting.
- If you would like this information in another format, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website http://www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail email@example.com
- Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
- General information about Planning Committee, delegated decisions, dates of future committees, public participation in committees as well as links to agendas and minutes are available at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/planningcommittee
On 6 May 2014 the Council adopted the Teignbridge Local Plan 2013 - 2033. The Local Plan now has full development plan status and applications must be determined in accordance with the Local plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
Members are reminded that on 15 January 2012 Section 143 of the Localism Act 2011 came into force. This section provides that when determining planning applications, local planning authorities shall have regard to:
(a) the provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the application;
(b) any local finance considerations, so far as material to the application; and
(c) any other material considerations.
In this context 'local finance considerations' means grant or other financial assistance that has been, or will or could be provided by central Government or sums that a relevant authority, such as Teignbridge District Council has received, or will or could receive in payment of Community Infrastructure Levy.
On 13 October 2014 the Council introduced the Community Infrastructure Levy (or CIL) following the approval of the CIL Charging Schedule by the Independent Examiner in April 2014 and adoption by Full Council on 31 July 2014. CIL replaces Section 106 Agreements for the funding of infrastructure requirements arising from retail and residential developments.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) came into effect on 27 March 2012 and its provisions constitute material considerations which carry weight in the determination of planning applications. However the Local Plan was prepared in accordance with the NPPF and accordingly there should not be significant divergence between the policies of the Local Plan and the NPPF. Again, the Local Plan has primacy in determining applications.
Each report will give details of the relevant Local Plan policies and the relevant material considerations and the weight to be given to them.
Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be placed on the Public Access area of the Council's Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting. http://gis.teignbridge.gov.uk/TeignbridgePlanningOnline/Search.aspx