When this content has been published
Published on 3 March 2017
14 March 2017
Agenda, Reports and Minutes of the Planning Committee held on 14 March 2017.
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on Tuesday 14 March 2017 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
A G E N D A
PART I (Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 14 February 2017.
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Public Participation – The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
Note: A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting. Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form. The survey form is also available by contacting us.
7. Planning Applications for Consideration – to consider applications for planning permission as set out below.
• TEIGNMOUTH - 16/02289/LBC - Lifeboat House, Lifeboat Lane - Noticeboard and directional sign.
• IDE - 16/03222/FUL - 5 The Green - Creation of a new driveway to connect the existing drive to the road.
• DAWLISH - 17/00322/FUL - Public Conveniences, Smugglers Lane - Change of use from public conveniences (sui generis) into a kiosk (Use Class A1)
to sell beach refreshments including a toilet facility.
• Kennford 16/01857/MAJ – The Gissons Hotel and Restaurant - construction of a 66 bed extension to the existing hotel.
• IPPLEPEN - 17/00177/FUL - Bulleigh Barton Farm - Change of use and conversion of agricultural building to Use Classes B1 (Business) and B8 (Storage or Distribution).
• NEWTON ABBOT - 16/02419/FUL - 2 St Lukes Road - Demolition of existing detached house and construction of three new dwellings.
• BISHOPSTEIGNTON - 17/00103/REM - Former Bowling Green, Land At Garage Lane - Approval of details for two dwellings (approval sought for appearance,
landscaping, layout and scale).
8. Enforcement Report, 16/00363/ENF, 1 – 2 Town Hall Place, Bovey Tracey.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
9. The Committee is recommended to approve the following resolution:
That under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the Press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act”.
10. Enforcement Report, Land at Branscombe Farm, Branscombe Lane, Dawlish.
Minutes of the Meeting
Minutes 14 March 2017
Updates 14 March 2017
Late Representations Procedure
Future meetings of the Committee
11 April, 9 May, 6 June, 4 July, 1 August, 29 August, 26 September, 24 October, 21 November, 19 December 2017.
23 January, 20 February, 20 March, 17 April, 15 May 2018.
Dates of site inspections
Team 1 - 20 April, 13 July, 5 October 2017, 4 January, 29 March 2018
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Cllrs: Bullivant, Colclough, Jones, Nutley, Price and Rollason
Team 2 - 18 May, 10 August, 2 November 2017, 1 February, 26 April, 2018
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Cllrs: Brodie, Dennis, Mayne, Orme, Parker and Walters
Team 3 - 23 March, 15 June, 7 September, 20 November 2017, 1 March, 24 May 2018
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Cllrs: Austen, Clarance, Fusco, Keeling, Pilkington, Prowse and Winsor
Distribution: Councillors Smith (Chairman), Kerswell (Vice Chairman)
Austen, Brodie, Bullivant, Clarance, Colclough, Dennis, Fusco,
Jones, Keeling, Mayne, Nutley, Orme, Parker, Pilkington, Price,
Prowse, Rollason, Walters, Winsor
Substitutes: Councillors Connett, Dewhirst, Golder, Haines, Hocking, Russell, and Thorne
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting.
A link to the agenda on the Council’s website is emailed for information (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact us by 12 Noon on the Thursday prior to the Committee meeting.
• Please contact us if you would like this information in another format.
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council’s website 5 working days prior to the meeting. Please contact us if you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings.
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
• General information about Planning Committee, delegated decisions, dates of future committees, public participation in committees as well as links to agendas and minutes are available on the Council’s website.
Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be placed on the Public Access area of the Council’s Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting.
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
On 6 May 2014 the Council adopted the Teignbridge Local Plan 2013–2033. The Local Plan now has full development plan status and applications must be determined in accordance with the Local plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
Members are reminded that on 15 January 2012 Section 143 of the Localism Act 2011 came into force. This section provides that when determining planning applications, local planning authorities shall have regard to:
(a) The provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the application;
(b) Any local finance considerations, so far as material to the application; and
(c) Any other material considerations.
In this context ‘local finance considerations’ means grant or other financial assistance that has been, or will or could be provided by central Government or sums that a relevant authority, such as Teignbridge District Council has received, or will or could receive in payment of Community Infrastructure Levy.
On 13 October 2014 the Council introduced the Community Infrastructure Levy (or CIL) following the approval of the CIL Charging Schedule by the Independent Examiner in April 2014 and adoption by Full Council on 31 July 2014. CIL replaces Section 106 Agreements for the funding of infrastructure requirements arising from retail and residential developments.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) came into effect on 27 March 2012 and its provisions constitute material considerations which carry weight in the determination of planning applications. However the Local Plan was prepared in accordance with the NPPF and accordingly there should not be significant divergence between the policies of the Local Plan and the NPPF. Again, the Local Plan has primacy in determining applications.
Each report will give details of the relevant Local Plan policies and the relevant material considerations and the weight to be given to them.
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
(Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985)
List of Background Papers relating to the various items of reports as set out in Part I of the Agenda
As relevant or appropriate:
1. Applications, Forms and Plans.
2. Correspondence/Consultation with interested bodies.
3. Structure Plan Documents.
4. Local Plan Documents.
5. Local/Topic Reports.
6. Central Government Legislation.