When this content has been published
Published on 4 November 2016
15 November 2016
You are invited to a meeting of the above Committee which will take place on Tuesday 15 November 2016 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 a.m.
Democratic Services Manager
Distribution: Councillors Smith (Chairman), Kerswell (Vice Chairman) Austen, Brodie, Bullivant, Clarance, Colclough, Dennis, Fusco, Jones, Mayne, Nutley, Orme, Parker, Pilkington, Price, Prowse, Rollason, Walters, Winsor and Vacancy
Substitutes: Councillors Connett, Dewhirst, Golder, Haines, Hocking, Russell, and Thorne
A link to the agenda on the Council's website is emailed FOR INFORMATION (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
Public Access Statement
- There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact Trish Corns on 01626 215112 or email@example.com by 12 Noon on the Thursday prior to the Committee meeting.
- If you would like this information in another format, please telephone 01626 361101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council's website www.teignbridge.gov.uk/agendas 5 working days prior to the meeting. If you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings, please e-mail email@example.com
- Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
- General information about Planning Committee, delegated decisions, dates of future committees, public participation in committees as well as links to agendas and minutes are available at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/planningcommittee
A G E N D A
PART I (Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 18 October 2016.
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Public Participation - The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
Note:A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting. Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form. The survey form is also available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
· ABBOTSKERSWELL 16/01592/FUL Land south of Pine Tree Lodge, Manor Road
- dwelling. Report of the site inspection held on 27 October 2016.
·DAWLISH - 16/02485/MAJ - Land to the East of A379, Adjoining Shutterton Farm - Change of use of land to Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space (SANGS) (Use Class D2) including new junction, access road and car park area.
·DAWLISH - 16/02820/DCR3 - Tucks Plot - Consultation from Devon County Council (EH/DCC/3908/2016) under Town & Country Planning General Regulations 1992 - Regulation 3 for widening of an existing 60 metres long section of footway to provide a 4 metres wide cycle/footway.
NEWTON ABBOT - 16/02619/FUL and 16/02702/LBC - Pannier Market, Market Walk -
mounted air handling package with a new unit.
·CHUDLEIGH - 16/02486/FUL and 16/02487/LBC - The Coach House, Exeter Road - Retention of conservatory and veranda
·DAWLISH - 16/02350/FUL - 10 Exeter Road - Loft conversion and covered store area to front elevation
8. Enforcement Report - to note enforcement action taken under delegated powers.
9. Appeal Decisions - To note appeal decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on the grounds that
Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Future meetings of the Committee
13 December 2016,
17 January, 14 February, 14 March, 11 April 2017.
Dates of site inspections
Team 1 - (26 January, 20 April)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Bullivant, Colclough, Jones, Price and Rollason
Team 2 - (24 November, 23 February, 18 May)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors, Brodie, Dennis, Mayne, Orme, Parker and
Team 3 - (22 December, 23 March)
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillors Austen, Clarance, Fusco, Pilkington, Prowse, and
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
On 6 May 2014 the Council adopted the Teignbridge Local Plan 2013 - 2033. The Local Plan now has full development plan status and applications must be determined in accordance with the Local plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
Members are reminded that on 15 January 2012 Section 143 of the Localism Act 2011 came into force. This section provides that when determining planning applications, local planning authorities shall have regard to:
(a) The provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the application; (b) Any local finance considerations, so far as material to the application; and
(c) Any other material considerations.
In this context 'local finance considerations' means grant or other financial assistance that has been, or will or could be provided by central Government or sums that a relevant authority, such as Teignbridge District Council has received, or will or could receive in payment of Community Infrastructure Levy.
On 13 October 2014 the Council introduced the Community Infrastructure Levy (or CIL) following the approval of the CIL Charging Schedule by the Independent Examiner in April 2014 and adoption by Full Council on 31 July 2014. CIL replaces Section 106
Agreements for the funding of infrastructure requirements arising from retail and residential developments.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) came into effect on 27 March 2012 and its provisions constitute material considerations which carry weight in the determination of planning applications. However the Local Plan was prepared in accordance with the NPPF and accordingly there should not be significant divergence between the policies of the Local Plan and the NPPF. Again, the Local Plan has primacy in determining applications.
Each report will give details of the relevant Local Plan policies and the relevant material considerations and the weight to be given to them.
Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be placed on the Public Access area of the Council's Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting. http://gis.teignbridge.gov.uk/TeignbridgePlanningOnline/Search.aspx
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
(Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985)
List of Background Papers relating to the various items of reports as set out in Part I of the
As relevant or appropriate:
1. Applications, Forms and Plans.
2. Correspondence/Consultation with interested parties.
3. Correspondence/Consultation with interested bodies.
4. Structure Plan Documents.
5. Local Plan Documents.
6. Local/Topic Reports.
7. Central Government Legislation.