When this content has been published
Published on 2 June 2017
13 June 2017
Agenda, Reports and Minutes of the Planning Committee - 13 June 2017
10 am in the Council Chamber, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX
A G E N D A
PART I (Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman.
3. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 9 May 2017.
4. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
5. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
6. Declarations of Interest.
7. Public Participation – The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
8. Planning Applications for Consideration – to consider applications for planning permission as set out below.
Site Inspections 18 May 2017
• DAWLISH - 17/00104/FUL - Branscombe Farm, Branscombe Lane - Agricultural storage building.
• DAWLISH - 14/03689/FUL - La Falaise, 9 Old Teignmouth Road - Three dwellings
The Committee is requested to note the report of the site inspection team in relation to the following three applications. The detailed reports of the Business Manager will either be included in this agenda below or that of a future meeting.
• EXMINSTER 15/01331/MAJ - Land Off Chudleigh Road, Alphington,
Hybrid application comprising: Full application for conversion of the existing threshing barn and associated linhay to form three dwellings and erection of 16 new dwellings with associated landscaping and access and outline application for dwellings including four gypsy and traveller pitches and public open space (approval sought for access) for Westcountry Land (Alphington) Ltd.
• EXMINSTER 16/00316/MAJ - Land off Deepway Lane, Alphington. Change of use from agricultural land to use as SANGS (Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space) for Westcountry Land (Alphington) Ltd.
• Newton Abbot 16/02826/MAJ – Brunel house, Forde Close
Hybrid planning application including full permission for the demolition of existing buildings and the erection of a Class A1 foodstore (1,140sqm net) with associated car parking and landscaping and outline permission for Class B1/B2 employment units with all matters other than access to be reserved.
• NEWTON ABBOT - 17/00906/FUL - Air Raid Shelter, Courtenay Park - Change of use from air raid shelter to public information centre.
• NEWTON ABBOT - 16/02826/MAJ - Brunel House, Forde Close - Hybrid planning application including full permission for the demolition of existing buildings and the erection of a Class A1 food store (1,140 square metres net) with associated car parking and landscaping and outline permission for Class B1/B2 employment units with all matters other than access to be reserved.
• IPPLEPEN - 16/03370/MAJ - Fermoys Garden Centre and Farm Shop, Totnes Road - Approval of details for re-development of site to provide new garden centre, outline permission 13/02543/MAJ, (approval sought for appearance, landscaping, layout and scale).
• BOVEY TRACEY - 17/00678/FUL - Minnewater, Newton Road - Two storey extension to rear and side and new porch to front elevation.
• DAWLISH - 17/00410/FUL - Sol-y-Mar, Windward Lane - Retention of side dormer extension.
9. Appeal Decisions – to note decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate.
Late Representation updates.
PART II (Private)
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Decisions of the meeting 13 June 2017.
Minutes of the meeting 13 June 2017
Distribution: Councillors Austen, Brodie, Bullivant, Clarance, Colclough, Dennis, Fusco, Jones, Hayes, Keeling, Kerswell, Mayne, Nutley, Orme, Parker, Pilkington, Price, Prowse, Rollason, Smith, Winsor
Substitutes: Councillors Connett, Cox, Dewhirst, Golder, Haines, Hocking, Russell, and Thorne
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact us by 12 Noon on the Thursday prior to the Committee meeting.
• Please contact us if you would like this information in another format.
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council’s website 5 working days prior to the meeting. Please contact us if you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings.
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
• General information about Planning Committee, delegated decisions, dates of future committees, public participation in committees as well as links to agendas and minutes are available on the Council’s website.
• Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be placed on the Public Access area of the Council’s Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting.
• A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting. Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form. The survey form is also available by contacting us.
On 6 May 2014 the Council adopted the Teignbridge Local Plan 2013–2033. The Local Plan now has full development plan status and applications must be determined in accordance with the Local plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
Members are reminded that on 15 January 2012 Section 143 of the Localism Act 2011 came into force. This section provides that when determining planning applications, local planning authorities shall have regard to:
(a) The provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the application;
(b) Any local finance considerations, so far as material to the application; and
(c) Any other material considerations.
In this context ‘local finance considerations’ means grant or other financial assistance that has been, or will or could be provided by central Government or sums that a relevant authority, such as Teignbridge District Council has received, or will or could receive in payment of Community Infrastructure Levy.
On 13 October 2014 the Council introduced the Community Infrastructure Levy (or CIL) following the approval of the CIL Charging Schedule by the Independent Examiner in April 2014 and adoption by Full Council on 31 July 2014. CIL replaces Section 106 Agreements for the funding of infrastructure requirements arising from retail and residential developments.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) came into effect on 27 March 2012 and its provisions constitute material considerations which carry weight in the determination of planning applications. However the Local Plan was prepared in accordance with the NPPF and accordingly there should not be significant divergence between the policies of the Local Plan and the NPPF. Again, the Local Plan has primacy in determining applications.
Each report will give details of the relevant Local Plan policies and the relevant material considerations and the weight to be given to them.
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
A link to the agenda on the Council’s website is emailed for information (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
(Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985)
List of Background Papers relating to the various items of reports as set out in Part I of the Agenda
As relevant or appropriate:
1. Applications, Forms and Plans.
2. Correspondence/Consultation with interested bodies.
3. Structure Plan Documents.
4. Local Plan Documents.
5. Local/Topic Reports.
6. Central Government Legislation.