When this content has been published
Published on 15 September 2017
26 September 2017
Agenda, Reports and Minutes of the Planning Committee 26 September 2017, Council Chamber, Council Offices, Forde House, Newton Abbot at 10.00 am.
A G E N D A
PART I (Open to the Public)
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Confirmation of minutes of the Committee held on 29 August 2017.
3. Agreement of the Agenda between Parts I and II.
4. Matters of urgency/matters of report especially brought forward with the permission of the Chairman.
5. Declarations of Interest.
6. Public Participation – The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting.
7. Planning Applications for Consideration – To consider applications for planning permission as set out below.
• NEWTON ABBOT - 17/01773/FUL - 6 Belvedere Road - Proposed timber decking and pergola in rear garden of property.
• STARCROSS - 17/01703/MAJ - Cockwood Harbour & Starcross Slipways, Cockwood - Tidal defence scheme to include flood gate installation and replacement, slipway raising and wall raising at tidal inlets, together with a combination of raising, repair and reconstruction of Cockwood Harbour seawall, and associated works.
• EXMINSTER - 15/00708/MAJ - Land at South West of Exeter, Matford - Outline - residential development, mixed use local centre (Use Classes A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, D1 and B1), education facilities and sport and recreation, land for community buildings (Use Class D2), open space, Suitable Alternative Natural Green Spaces (SANGS), Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems works, new access and highways infrastructure including a bridge and related works (approval sought for access).
• EXMINSTER/SHILLINGFORD ST GEORGE - 16/03251/MAJ - West Exe Park, Alphington – Outline application for employment development (Use Classes B1, B2 and B8) up to 47,112 square metres (gross floor area) together with associated infrastructure including new vehicular access, an internal road layout, car parking, landscaping, services and all other associated development (approval sought for access).
• KINGSKERSWELL - 16/01961/MAJ - Land to rear of Mount Pleasant Road - Outline – residential development of up to 34 dwellings (all matters reserved for future consideration).
• DAWLISH - 16/02074/FUL - 1 Priory Park Road - Decking and parking bay at front of property.
8. Dawlish, 13 Weech Road - Buildings at Risk.
9. Breach of Planning Control - The Buntings, Higher Woodway Road, Teignmouth
10. Appeal Decisions – to note appeal decisions made by the Planning Inspectorate.
PART II (Private)
Items which may be taken in the absence of the Public and Press on grounds that Exempt Information may be disclosed.
Austen, Brodie, Bullivant, Clarance, Colclough, Dennis, Fusco, Jones, Hayes, Keeling, Kerswell, Mayne, Nutley, Orme, Parker, Pilkington, Price, Prowse, Rollason, Smith, Winsor
Substitutes: Councillors Connett, Dewhirst, Golder, Haines, Hocking, Russell, and Thorne.
Future meetings of the Committee
24 October, 21 November, 19 December 2017.
23 January, 20 February, 20 March, 17 April, 15 May 2018.
Dates of site inspections
Team 1 - 5 October 2017, 4 January, 29 March 2018
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Cllrs: Bullivant, Colclough, Jones, Nutley, Price and Rollason
Team 2 - 2 November 2017, 1 February, 26 April, 2018
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Cllrs: Brodie, Dennis, Mayne, Orme, Parker and vacancy
Team 3 - 20 November 2017, 1 March, 24 May 2018
Chairman, Vice Chairman and Cllrs: Austen, Clarance, Fusco, Keeling, Pilkington, Prowse and Winsor
If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination or interests in items on this Agenda, please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting
A link to the agenda on the Council’s website is emailed for information (less reports (if any) containing Exempt Information referred to in Part II of the agenda), to:
(1) All other Members of the Council
(2) Representatives of the Press
(3) Requesting Town and Parish Councils
Local Government Act 1972 (Section 100 and Schedule 12A) - Reports in Part II of this agenda which contain exempt information are confidential.
Public Access Statement
• There is an opportunity for members of the public to speak on planning applications at this meeting. Please contact us by 12 Noon on the Thursday prior to the Committee meeting.
• Please contact us if you would like this information in another format.
• Agendas and reports are normally published on the Council’s website 5 working days prior to the meeting. Please contact us if you would like to receive an e-mail which contains a link to the website for all forthcoming meetings.
• Reports in Parts I and III of this agenda are for public information. Any reports in Part II are exempt from publication due to the information included, under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
• General information about Planning Committee, delegated decisions, dates of future committees, public participation in committees as well as links to agendas and minutes are available on the Council’s website.
• Any representations received after the preparation of the reports will be placed on the Public Access area of the Council’s Website and can be viewed prior to the Meeting.
• A public participation feedback survey will be available at the meeting. Public speakers are invited to complete and return this form. The survey form is also available by contacting us.
On 6 May 2014 the Council adopted the Teignbridge Local Plan 2013–2033. The Local Plan now has full development plan status and applications must be determined in accordance with the Local plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
Members are reminded that on 15 January 2012 Section 143 of the Localism Act 2011 came into force. This section provides that when determining planning applications, local planning authorities shall have regard to:
(a) The provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the application;
(b) Any local finance considerations, so far as material to the application; and
(c) Any other material considerations.
In this context ‘local finance considerations’ means grant or other financial assistance that has been, or will or could be provided by central Government or sums that a relevant authority, such as Teignbridge District Council has received, or will or could receive in payment of Community Infrastructure Levy.
On 13 October 2014 the Council introduced the Community Infrastructure Levy (or CIL) following the approval of the CIL Charging Schedule by the Independent Examiner in April 2014 and adoption by Full Council on 31 July 2014. CIL replaces Section 106 Agreements for the funding of infrastructure requirements arising from retail and residential developments.
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) came into effect on 27 March 2012 and its provisions constitute material considerations which carry weight in the determination of planning applications. However the Local Plan was prepared in accordance with the NPPF and accordingly there should not be significant divergence between the policies of the Local Plan and the NPPF. Again, the Local Plan has primacy in determining applications.
Each report will give details of the relevant Local Plan policies and the relevant material considerations and the weight to be given to them.
THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
(Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985)
List of Background Papers relating to the various items of reports as set out in Part I of the Agenda
As relevant or appropriate:
1. Applications, Forms and Plans.
2. Correspondence/Consultation with interested bodies.
3. Structure Plan Documents.
4. Local Plan Documents.
5. Local/Topic Reports.
6. Central Government Legislation.