The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise that charities, local authorities, businesses, communities and individuals will work together to support the fair treatment of the armed forces community.
The covenant’s main aim is to ensure that those who currently serve, have served and their families, face no disadvantage, compared to other residents, when accessing public and commercial services.
Armed forces in Teignbridge
- Armed Forces Day. Teignbridge councillors, staff, dignitaries, service personnel (including cadets and veterans) mark this occasion every year with a flag raising ceremony at the council’s Forde House headquarters. Further information can be found on the Armed Forces Day website.
- we currently offer multiple housing options to former armed forces personnel.
- we also support former armed forces personnel by disregarding War Disability Pensions and War Widows Pensions when calculating income for Council Tax Reduction
Where can I find the help available?
- Devon Forces Family
- Forces Connect South West
- Royal British Legion
- The Veterans Farmable Foundation