4. Rent Subsidies
To help support the voluntary and community sector, some eligible groups can use properties owned and leased by the council at a subsidised or reduced rent.
If you are currently responsible for the rental or lease costs of a council-owned commercial premises and meet the required criteria, you could be eligible for a discount of up to 75% or £4,000 (whichever is less) on the rental value of the premises.
There are three stages to apply for a rent subsidy:
This consists of a number of basic questions. If you cannot answer 'yes' to all of the questions, your organisation is not eligible for funding and unfortunately cannot progress to stage 2.
2. Detailed assessment
The answers you provide in this section will be scored to determine the level of rent subsidy your organisation will receive, so please provide as much detail as possible.
3. Assessment and decision
Return your application to us with copies of the documents/evidence required
If you aren't sure whether you are able to apply for a subsidy, more information is available in the conditions of funding.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need:
- the name and address of the community or voluntary group you are applying for
- contact details for the person responsible for the application
- information about your policies and procedures
- information about the activities and goals of your group
- documents for the last 3 years of inspected accounts (or those available, if the group has been operating for less than 3 years)
- constitution / terms of reference / governance documents
- insurance documentation
- equal opportunities policy / statement
- child protection and / or safeguarding vulnerable people policy (if appropriate)
If applying online, supporting documents required should be sent separately by post or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to state the name and address of the group you are applying on behalf of clearly on any correspondence.
Once your application and the supporting documents have been received, your application will be assessed. You may be contacted to check some of the details of your application.
Your application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted about the outcome of your application.
You can apply by post by printing and completing the application form, and returning it to us with the copies of the documents / evidence required.