3. Rural Aid
The Rural Aid fund is for the enhancement of community life; it is intended to support projects which:
- improve access to services
- develop and refurbish local community facilities and amenities
- address rural sustainability issues
- improve the health and wellbeing of the local community
- meet the needs of minority and vulnerable groups
- enhance strong local community support and involvement
Parish and town councils can each submit one funding application per year for up to £5000.
Towns and parishes within Dartmoor National Park are not eligible for Rural Aid, and should apply to the Dartmoor Communities Fund.
Applications cannot relate to the following forms of expenditure:
- the purchase of any moveable item (eg. vehicles or computer equipment)
- continued or ongoing revenue costs (eg. salaries or rental costs)
- funding for statutory functions or responsibilities of public bodies (eg. park/play area maintenance)
- projects which do not give public access (eg. projects on school properties or religious buildings)
- projects which have links to any political party
To request grants for works already completed, please complete and submit a grant claim form.
Rural Aid 2018 fund is now closed for applications.