Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.


Show all parts of this guide

5. Flooding

If it is an emergency and there is danger to life as a result of flooding you should not hesitate to call 999.

To report flooding of the highway and blocked drains contact Devon County Council’s Highway Customer Service Centre on 0345 155 1004 or visit the Flooding and Drainage pages. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturdays, 9am to 1pm. For emergencies outside of these hours call 01392 383329.

For any flooding on major trunk roads (the M5 A30, A38, A35 and A303) contact Highways England on 0300 123 5000 (24 hours service).

To report flooding from sewers and water pipes contact South West Water on 0844 346 2020 (24 hours service).

For advice and enquiries about flood warnings contact the Environment Agency’s Floodline on 0345 988 1188 (24 hours service) or visit their website

For general queries about main river or flooding from the sea contact the Environment Agency on 03708 506 506 or 0345 988 1188 or visit the Environment Agency website.