2. Responsibility for clearing blockages
Who's responsible for clearing blockages?
- homeowners are responsible for clearing and repairing drains, gutters and rainwater pipes. Blockages can sometimes be cleared with drainage rods or employ a specialist drain clearance company.
- tenants, normally the landlord is responsible, however the landlord may pass the costs on to you depending on the tenancy agreement.
- sewers are the responsibility of South West Water Limited (SWW). Contact SWW on 0800 169 1144.
- highways gullies are the responsibility of Devon County Council, blockages can be reported to them by calling 03451 551 004.