We hold consultations so that people who live and work in Teignbridge can have a say, providing an opportunity to influence and be assured that their views will have been considered as part of the decision making process.
Although we do not always need to hold a public consultation on all aspects of our work, we are committed to consulting on a proportionate and practical basis as appropriate.
To help us get this right, we have adopted five consultation principles to inform when and how we will consult:
- We will consult on key issues and proposals
- We will consult in good time
- We will be inclusive but within clear and appropriate limits
- We will consult using clear, simple information
- We will ensure responses are taken into account when decisions are made