We will advise you of what information we may ask from you and how we store that data securely. It also explains what we ask you to do to help us keep your data accurate, relevant and up to date.
When we ask you for personal information, we will:
- explain clearly and transparently why we need this personal data
- secure it safely, protecting it from any unlawful access
- we will only share it with any third parties where there is a statutory requirement or with your consent
- we will never pass your data over to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have given us your consent to do so
- we will only use the data we take from you for the purpose we took it for
- we will only take the data that is relevant, adequate and limited to what Teignbridge require to provide a requested service or statutory duty
- we will not keep your data any longer than is necessary
We ask you to:
- make sure the information you supply us is accurate
- inform us, as soon as possible, if this information changes i.e. your contact details or address
You can find out about the information we hold on you, correct any errors, and find out any third parties we have shared your information with by contacting our Data Protection Officer:
Teignbridge District Council
We will only pass this personal information on if we have a legal obligation to do so.
For any additional advice about data protection and the GDPR, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office.