Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Privacy Notice for Household Support Fund

Show all parts of this guide

8. Your information, your rights

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.

You may request a copy of the information held on our systems through a subject access request by emailing

Changes in your circumstances

You must notify us immediately if there are any changes in your personal details so we can maintain an accurate and up to date record of your information.

Your rights and access to your information

You have rights under the data protection legislation:
  • to access your personal data, known as a subject access request;
  • to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed;
  • to have your personal data corrected;
  • to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances;
  • to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed;
  • to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances;
  • you have the right to be told if we have made a mistake whilst processing your data and we will self-report breaches to the Information Commissioner.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer

If you have any concerns

You have a right to complain to us if you think we have not complied with our obligation for handling your personal information by contacting the Data Protection Officer in the first instance.
If you are not satisfied with the council’s response you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office:
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
or use their online tool for reporting concerns.